Sudden battery drain

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
..and I've spent all morning trying to find out what is causing my battery to drain so quickly.
I've considered doing a factory reset, but I'd really NOT have to do that.
When I went to usage, but I saw nothing new, i.e. Nova, chomp SMS - of wait, I bought the license for Chomp yesterday - too get rid of the ads. Surely that couldn't be it. Could it?

Update: I deleted Chomp to see if that could be the reason for my sudden drain. I'll give an update later tonight.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
..and I've spent all morning trying to find out what is causing my battery to drain so quickly.
I've considered doing a factory reset, but is really NOT have to do that.
When I went to usage, but I saw nothing new, i.e. Nova, chomp SMS - of wait, I bought the license for Chomp yesterday - too get rid of the ads. Surely that couldn't be it. Could it?

With the HTC backup, factory reset wouldn't be too much of a pain would it?

Brandon Neer

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
The only super battery drain i've experienced so far is when my exchange server email account got locked into a continuous update mode that i didn't notice until i wasn't on wifi. But the battery usage clearly showed my mail app was sucking it all up.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
With the HTC backup, factory reset wouldn't be too much of a pain would it?

If you have the Media Link the update from HTC is wiped out with a factory reset and can't be recovered until HTC puts out an update, and who knows when that will be? (Some of us got the Media Link for free from ATT with purchase) If you don't have the free Media Link it should be no problem. I would uninstall chomp first to see if that fixed it.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I uninstalled Chomp, then 're-installed it & that seemed to work. Whether that was the cause or not,
I do not know.
And I did dl the Htc Backup, so ty. I've been too busy with work too play with it, but I plan to this weekend.
Thank you everyone who replied! And have a great holiday weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835