HTC is crumbling from within

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
a year ago apple stock was at 730 and now its at 442. Is apple done for

Nothing pisses me off more than when I was thinking about buying shares at 300 and I DIDNT PULL THE TRIGGER. The way I am I would have had an automatic sale at 600 dollars.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Executives don't just leave? Sure they do. When they find a better job or see the writing on the wall for their own position or division. Or they are unhappy or are butting heads with higher ups. Have seen that lots of times. I'm not saying that some might not fall into the firing category, I beleive some have, but some others found new jobs awfully quickly. That suggest to me that for at least some of them, this move was planned ahead.

They don't really though. Especially in a situation like this. We know, from other inside information, that Ben Ho is cleaning house.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Sure isn't a good sign.

Apple is not competing with other iOS phone makers. HTC does not have that luxury. They are getting clobbered by Samsung.

Ha. It's not a sign of anything, besides that the stock market drove apple's stock much higher than where it should have been. It's called a correction. It will happen to Google and amazon soon too.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Ha. It's not a sign of anything, besides that the stock market drove apple's stock much higher than where it should have been. It's called a correction. It will happen to Google and amazon soon too.

Not really, had Apple lived up to the expectations of the Chinese Market, the valuation of 1000 dollars is pretty good. The problem is the expectations of the Chinese market was forecasted by Americans who may have not understood the situation as well as they could.

People tend to forget at one point last year, Apple had more money in the bank than the United States Treasury.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
They don't really though. Especially in a situation like this. We know, from other inside information, that Ben Ho is cleaning house.

What do you mean by "they don't really though"? Is your claim that no executive of any company ever leaves a position unless they are asked to? Or do you mean just in this case?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "they don't really though"? Is your claim that no executive of any company ever leaves a position unless they are asked to? Or do you mean just in this case?

In this case. The people that are leaving were veteran HTC execs. They wouldn't just up and leave.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Not really, had Apple lived up to the expectations of the Chinese Market, the valuation of 1000 dollars is pretty good. The problem is the expectations of the Chinese market was forecasted by Americans who may have not understood the situation as well as they could.

People tend to forget at one point last year, Apple had more money in the bank than the United States Treasury.

Talk to any economist or expert. They will tell you point blank that apple's stock was overvalued and underwent a correction.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
In this case. The people that are leaving were veteran HTC execs. They wouldn't just up and leave.

Ah, okay. I somewhat agree, though I think what really happened was that word was out that Marketing was being brought back to main office, so people saw the writing on the wall and went out and got other jobs. Often execs will have feelers out to see what's out there at any given time. I've been in this situation before when most of an entire dept. was moved but some stayed behind. But some of those people left too because it's just wasn't the same anymore or they didn't like reporting to someone new, or their former coworker came and recruited them. (been there done that...lol). So I am sure some of these departures were outright firings, but I suspect the full picture goes much deeper and there are as many reasons as there are people involved. But no matter the reasons, I think (hope) that HTC will be better for them.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Does there financial troubles have any bearing on if they are going to support this device well with software updates? Like, would that have any effect on when they update their android OS to the latest version?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
So many CEOs here. lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

No lie. Some people tend to forget that there's a reason we are here on a forum (albeit some much more than others) and the CXO's of a given company are where they are today...

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Can't stand the heat in the kitchen then get out ! Seriously I think its a neutral response, some may have felt to much pressure and left ,some may feel like some people in the forums do, and felt doom and gloom for the company and wanted to secure something else before hand..We really don't know but assuming what their positions were within the company Mr.Ho could've told them to pound sand.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Why exactly?

I know that its taking time but sprint is building their lte from the ground up. Everything brand new so they will have the most advanced lte Network, also there is the softbank acquisition or DirecTV that will help them have more money they also just acquired part of u.s cellular I mean if your into stocks I am no guru but that would be the stock(sprint) to buy

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
HTCeth shalleth cometh out oketh. Some of these execs that left either had something to do with marketing or from the seattle offices that is being closed and moved to Taipai. Of coarse they are pissed!!! They Don't want to go to Taiwan! I don't either!

This will pass like gas....I'm not worried.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I know that its taking time but sprint is building their lte from the ground up. Everything brand new so they will have the most advanced lte Network, also there is the softbank acquisition or DirecTV that will help them have more money they also just acquired part of u.s cellular I mean if your into stocks I am no guru but that would be the stock(sprint) to buy

This isn't translating to the users right now though. For the time being the average Sprint LTE speed is about as good as the average T-Mobile 3G speed. And T-Mobile not only is building LTE faster than Sprint but just recently merged with MetroPCS to add to their network and LTE coverage. That, coupled with T-Mobile's better prices and more future-proof GSM network type makes T-Mobile's future a bright one.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This isn't translating to the users right now though. For the time being the average Sprint LTE speed is about as good as the average T-Mobile 3G speed. And T-Mobile not only is building LTE faster than Sprint but just recently merged with MetroPCS to add to their network and LTE coverage. That, coupled with T-Mobile's better prices and more future-proof GSM network type makes T-Mobile's future a bright one.

only time will truly tell. Both companies their future is bright, but my money is on sprint. I pay 165.00 for three phones if I took off the insurance which translates to a better deal then what tmobile can offer me.

Posted via Android Central App

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
only time will truly tell. Both companies their future is bright, but my money is on sprint. I pay 165.00 for three phones if I took off the insurance which translates to a better deal then what tmobile can offer me.

Posted via Android Central App

$140 for three truly unlimited lines on T-Mobile.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Even though this is a excellent phone that gets a 9/10 rating from most users
HTC was doomed to fail regardless of the success of this phone because the expectations/goals of the success of this phone was basically impossible to reach.
The fact that HTC failed to have and 1st maintain the projected inventory they wanted to launch tells you all you need to know.
The CEO will not survive this.
So whats the over/under on who steps down first: The US Attorney General Eric Holder or HTC CEO Peter Chou

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1