Battery drain issue

vinnyw54

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
first off I want to say (well..type) that I know there are battery discussions out there but I guess I can't seem to find the right one.

My question is: is there anyone out there that have tweaked their settings on the phone to get great battery life? could someone be so kind as to post a link or direct me to the correct thread? I don't think I'm getting bad battery life (about 10% drain an hour) but I wouldn't mind more. i never have NFC, bluetooth, GPS, auto sync, or beats audio on.

Here is basically what I do every day:

-i leave the phone on WiFi at work and turn off data
-play a game for half hour or so
-go on Reddit for about an hour
-text about 150 texts a day
-when i go home i keep it on WiFi, basically have data turned off all the time

thanks in advance

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
first off I want to say (well..type) that I know there are battery discussions out there but I guess I can't seem to find the right one.

My question is: is there anyone out there that have tweaked their settings on the phone to get great battery life? could someone be so kind as to post a link or direct me to the correct thread? I don't think I'm getting bad battery life (about 10% drain an hour) but I wouldn't mind more. i never have NFC, bluetooth, GPS, auto sync, or beats audio on.

thanks in advance

What carrier do you have? Is your service good or does it bounce around a lot? I just got mine and my battery so far seems to be pretty stable.

I leave GPS, blue tooth, and the screen on auto. My email and FB is also on auto sync and my batter life seems great so far! Let it drain down to about 10% then look to see whats eating it up. It could be an app open in the background or a service that is just stuck! Have you reset the phone?

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

thanks in advance

Doesn't sound very good at 10%/hour you are getting only 10hrs from 100 down to zero. But, I suppose 150 texts a day would mean that your screen is almost constantly on.

Matt Bourg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
DS battery saver on slumberer, and power saver on all the time. I keep everything on manual as well and use Wifi when possible. I get through the day even with allot of texts and an hour or two of games. It lasted sixty hours or so with light use and almost no loss at night. I've been pretty happy with the battery life so far.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

vinnyw54

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have Sprint and my service sucks that's why I turn off the mobile data pretty much all the time.

As for the settings in "power" I have power saver on all the time as well as sleep mode set to 30 seconds.

DS battery saver on slumberer, and power saver on all the time. I keep everything on manual as well and use Wifi when possible. I get through the day even with allot of texts and an hour or two of games. It lasted sixty hours or so with light use and almost no loss at night. I've been pretty happy with the battery life so far.

Matt, sorry...what is "DS"?

I think i'm missing some setting to turn off. i feel like I should be getting way more battery life then I am. I really appreciate the feedback that you guys are giving me. Any other options or ideas I could be missing???

Matt Bourg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I have Sprint and my service sucks that's why I turn off the mobile data pretty much all the time.

As for the settings in "power" I have power saver on all the time as well as sleep mode set to 30 seconds.

Matt, sorry...what is "DS"?

I think i'm missing some setting to turn off. i feel like I should be getting way more battery life then I am. I really appreciate the feedback that you guys are giving me. Any other options or ideas I could be missing???

That's the name of the app. DS(or deep sleep) battery saver. It's free in the app store. Do a search for DS Batter Saver. I set mine to slumberer mode and haven't noticed any issues other than out take a second for Wi-Fi and mobile data to connect.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante