Icloud to android

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Coming from apple, does anyone know the settings to get my icloud email on my HTC ONE.....not a huge deal but would like to have it.....also my calendar?

I am using the Gmail App instead of the native app becasue certain emails wont show pics on it thru the native app....anyone else seeing this problem?

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Not positive if this'll help or work, but look at SmoothSync. Might point you in the right direction.
SmoothSync is the way to go for calendars, it couldn't be simpler or more stable. For email use this:

IMAP (Incoming Mail Server) information:
Server name: imap.mail.me.com
SSL Required: Yes
Port: 993
Username: example@me.com (use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
Password: Your iCloud password

SMTP (outgoing mail server) information:
Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
SSL Required: Yes
Port: 587
SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
Username: example@me.com (use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
Password: Your iCloud password
Note: If you receive errors using SSL, try using TLS instead.

iCloud: Mail server information

sameoldsam

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I've installed smoothsync calender on gs as well as the workaround and I get nothing :( am I missing sonething?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
if you use a mac your native calendar app supports adding a google calendar account. you can add this account and it will sync seamlessly with your htc one calendar.

as for your icloud account, you need to select manual configuration and insert the information as adriandb described.

if that doesnt work (it didnt for me) you will have to change the server name to exactly how it is described in your icloud account.

open your mail app on your mac, right click on the icloud account on the left pannel, and select "get account info". select the "summery tab" and copy the incoming and outgoing server names.

in my case i had to add 'p06' to it, like so:

p06-imap.mail.me.com

your username is everything that precedes the @me.com/icloud.com... it will be shown on that page as well.

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both for your help, I will try everything tomorrow. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

If I understand correctly I don't think you can use the Gmail app to get your I cloud emails. You have to use the native app which allows you get you other emails...

Posted via Android Central App

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If I understand correctly I don't think you can use the Gmail app to get your I cloud emails. You have to use the native app which allows you get you other emails...

Posted via Android Central App
The gmail app works for gmail only, you'll need another mail app for anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34