Getting my ONE in 2 hours what to check in store before leaving?

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

finally one store had a shipment of ones coming in. I already been there but they said to comeback in 2 hours when they are done with stock inventory and other sheit. What I wanted to ask, before leaving the store what should I check on a phone apart from dead pixels. Heard reports of some built quality issues on some handsets and other stuff. Can you give me a few thing that I need to particularly pay attention to?

Want to be happy with a phone since Iam paying full price for it:)

Thank you

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
When I picked up mine I asked them to check for stuck or dead pixels, and I made sure the glass was not raised higher than the speakers so as not to cause a dropoff. Look all around the casing and make sure it is even and there are no gaps.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine had very slight raising around the top of the glass. So slight I could barely notice. I ran my finger across it and can feel it but just ever so little. Not a big deal for me but after the AT&T $100 credit for turning in an old Samsung Focus and the HTC $100 card for mailing them an old DROID 2 it was free. :) Since you're paying full price I'd be extra meticulous. Check all the buttons to make sure they feel right. Make sure there are no dents or scuffs in the aluminum. All the normal stuff. It's a fantastic phone. You'll love it. I still have my iPhone 5 for work but I'm close removing everything last thing personal from it and going exclusively to the One. I'm 99% there already. It's the first Android phone to make me feel that way. I can't say enough good things about it.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
only one in stock damn.

Can anyne tell me if this gap is normal?photo (1).JPG

Iam at the shop now they only have this one or galaxy S4 then.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine has a small gap near the power button. I agree there will probably be a gap of some kind in nearly every phone, "gapless" construction or not. My iPhone 5 isn't perfect either. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369465784.210051.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369465792.858822.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369465801.659175.jpg

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
only one in stock damn.

Can anyne tell me if this gap is normal?View attachment 69372

Iam at the shop now they only have this one or galaxy S4 then.

Nearly identical to mine and every other One I've seen for that matter. It's very common and I've yet to see any I'll effects from it. I carry mine in my pocket all the time and I've yet to notice any dirt that has been able to get in the device and under the screen.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
In the case of the HTC one, gapless refers to the body and the plastic, not the speaker covers. It's perfectly ok for there to be a small gap there.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol