How many use the One for or in business and what kind of business are you in?

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering how many of you use your One in or for a business and what kind of business are you in. I am in sales and have almost 2000 contacts and customers that I service using my HTC One and find it to be a excellent tool. Just asking! Do you find that it fits your needs for business?

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I think the answer is, "Of course I use it for business, and pleasure." :) I have a little over 1,000 contacts and a pretty full calendar and the One handles all of it very well. I think the Sense 5 phone, people, calendar, and task apps are very well designed and integrated with each other. Everyone talks about the fantastic physical design of the phone, which is indeed awesome. But, I think the software of the One deserves to be called out too. It is, in my opinion, the best available on a phone at the moment.

Metalpix

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I use mine for business.... Answereing emails when I'm away form the office..... Re-progaming the website remotely (very handy)
Business tyoe: Online engraving

Could not function without my smart phone and happy it's the One

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys, I thought that would be the answer. Sometimes all that people talk about is how much ram the phone has and what color they like but I like to know how the phone is used and if it fits those needs. I could care less about what color the phone is, how does it work in the real world. Thanks again.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would love to use this phone for business. I have one for personal use and was considering getting a second for work. However, my company hasn't approved it to work on our network, so I got a GS4 for work instead.

Posted via Android Central App

Revyloution

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I run a small construction company. My phone (and previous to smart phones, my palm pilot and my mobile) is my office. I receive sets of plans, small but do-able. Emails, taking photos and videos of job sites (record everything, then you have evidence if there is a dispute over anything). Keeping in touch with employees. Ordering materials, both by phone and internet orders. Prime contractors send me excel sheets for schedules. I live and die by the calender, sometimes I wonder if I control it, or if it controls me. Weather is important in my industry, so I check that when scheduling. I use an app called SmartTools for estimating and measuring up jobs. Gtasks is my never empty todo list, I have 7 different tabs to try and keep things organized.

I do like the HTC, and it is fun, but well over 90% of my phone time is work related. There are down times, when waiting for a client or some such delay. Thats when its nice to have my Kindle book, or perhaps some Angry Birds :)

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering how many of you use your One in or for a business and what kind of business are you in. I am in sales and have almost 2000 contacts and customers that I service using my HTC One and find it to be a excellent tool. Just asking! Do you find that it fits your needs for business?

Unless it is specialize software or the need for a larger screen from a tablet/laptop, wouldn't a majority of modern smartphones fit most business needs. I figure that would be more likely scenario.

Joseph Levy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I use mine for my real estate business, obviously the phone is essential...lol The camera working well in low light helps for quick interior photos and walk through videos. I also use the ekey app to open electronic lock boxes. Accessing the MLS and Google maps is much easier on this phone then my old EVO.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Nothing compares to the Note 2 for business use. That said, this is still a great handset.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Nothing compares to the Note 2 for business use. That said, this is still a great handset.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

I was really thinking about getting the Note 2 instead, but it doesn't have true Evernote integration. I think that if Samsung and Evernote can collaborate and build something off that, it would be awesome.

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have never understood why anyone should carry 2 phones. I do get that there are security/privacy issues between work and personal use, but it's just not intuitive to juggle more than 1 device. I have always insisted on just 1 device, which is personal and used for work.

As for the OP's question, I am a community psychiatrist and access our web-based EHR (electronic health record) on it. Of course, I also do email, calls, etc. Very snappy and responsive.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm a truck driver, I find the navigation tools, weather, boomsound for speakerphone calls, durability, blinkfeed for making all my stuff right there all very effective for my work!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have never understood why anyone should carry 2 phones. I do get that there are security/privacy issues between work and personal use, but it's just not intuitive to juggle more than 1 device. I have always insisted on just 1 device, which is personal and used for work.

Even though companies are moving forward with the BYOD era, there is a lot out there who want to maintain some sort of control by making you use their phone. Realize that there is a lot of phone control capabilities in software in Exchange server and you may not want your company able to remote wipe your personal phone. Also having dealt with service companies that have gps tracking software on the phones/tablets to make sure their employees are where they are suppose to be or their timecard matches with their schedule.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae