Few advises for returning android user.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So finally got my HTC one and loving it so far. I have used android before about 3 years ago but a lot has changed can you please advise me on few things?

1. Any way to remove keyboards? I have 5 and 3 of them I do not need, such as Chinese, Korean etc.
2. So much have changed, so many new settings iam overwhelmed, before account sync I was able to choose how often I phone can fetch the data from facebook, google etc for example every hour. Now its seems to be only ON/OFF feature, what is your advice, if its on how often it will pull data? If I set it to off can I manually check for new things?

3. Any way to manually refresh blinkfeed rather than it doing it automatically?

4. What location settings do I need for google now? I dont want to turn on something that I dont need and kill battery faster.

5. I want to change some stuff in my launcher but cannot remove browser icon :(

Thank you.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So finally got my HTC one and loving it so far. I have used android before about 3 years ago but a lot has changed can you please advise me on few things?

1. Any way to remove keyboards? I have 5 and 3 of them I do not need, such as Chinese, Korean etc.
2. So much have changed, so many new settings iam overwhelmed, before account sync I was able to choose how often I phone can fetch the data from facebook, google etc for example every hour. Now its seems to be only ON/OFF feature, what is your advice, if its on how often it will pull data? If I set it to off can I manually check for new things?

3. Any way to manually refresh blinkfeed rather than it doing it automatically?

4. What location settings do I need for google now? I dont want to turn on something that I dont need and kill battery faster.

5. I want to change some stuff in my launcher but cannot remove browser icon :(

Thank you.

1. Stock keyboard can't be removed.
2.Sync settings in individual app settings
3. Not sure. Don't use.
4. Google now doesn't drain battery. I keep all radios on and battery life is very good.
5. Open app drawer, then you can remove items from dock. If you just want to take something off the home screen long press and then drag up to remove.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Have a few more questions if you dont mind.

When I set the phone up I connected my accounts, I then manually disabled a few of them. However my gallery is full of FB photos of other people. How can I tell it not to download any of this s... on the phone or even display it, without of course removing the whole thing.

Also my weather widget always looses my location, if I go and manually refresh it its fine for 1 min then says location data unavailable.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay