Bad Design Or.....

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love the design/build materials of the HTC One...so much so that I've had the phone for a little over 2 weeks and I sometimes still find myself just looking at and/or holding the phone for no apparent reason other than to admire it. However, there is one part of the design that I wish wasn't there...it just seems unaesthetic to me and unless there is some reason for it (i.e. antenna or some other hardware that needs plastic to function properly) I can't figure out why HTC did this. What I am referring to is the short vertical plastic insert on the back of the phone that connects the top of the camera to the horizontal plastic insert that runs across the top of the back of the phone and creates a T-shape. I know this may seem like nit picking but I was wondering if there is actually a reason for this because from a purely aesthetic standpoint I think the design would look cleaner w/o this plastic insert.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love the design/build materials of the HTC One...so much so that I've had the phone for a little over 2 weeks and I sometimes still find myself just looking at and/or holding the phone for no apparent reason other than to admire it. However, there is one part of the design that I wish wasn't there...it just seems unaesthetic to me and unless there is some reason for it (i.e. antenna or some other hardware that needs plastic to function properly) I can't figure out why HTC did this. What I am referring to is the short vertical plastic insert on the back of the phone that connects the top of the camera to the horizontal plastic insert that runs across the top of the back of the phone and creates a T-shape. I know this may seem like nit picking but I was wondering if there is actually a reason for this because from a purely aesthetic standpoint I think the design would look cleaner w/o this plastic insert.

I understood that was the NFC antenna

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Obviously there is a need for it to be there and I think the designers have done a good job of incorporating it into the style if the phone with the corresponding band across the bottom too.

On a different note, I have just taken my phone out of it's case for the first time in ages to look at this and I had forgotten just how damn sexy this baby is!

Sir1

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
The HTC one is like an Aston Martin DB9 - not a single disadvantageous angle to it! Period.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I think the lines are there to completely make OCD people go insane!

LOL...like I said in the OP I was really nit picking with this one but that should tell you something...if my only complaint with this design is this then that tells you how beautiful this phone really is.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It is a beautiful phone. I'm just scared for its future with all the termoil. I bet you 1 buck that 4.2.2 gets pushed back a few months because of it.

akk60

May 5, 2013
Visit site
The plastic up and down both have antennas built into them, the upper one has NFC, wifi, and mobile network, while the other one down has a wifi antenna (I noticed that I have to cover both up and down in order to get lower wifi signal.), and NFC doesn't work while covered with aluminum.

Posted from my HTC one via Android Central App

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The plastic up and down both have antennas built into them, the upper one has NFC, wifi, and mobile network, while the other one down has a wifi antenna (I noticed that I have to cover both up and down in order to get lower wifi signal.), and NFC doesn't work while covered with aluminum.

Not to beat a dead horse but...

I knew before I bought the phone, from reading various reviews, that the horizontal plastic inlays on the top and bottom of the back of the phone were for wifi, NFC, etc. The plastic inlay I am talking about is the very short vertical one on the top of the back of the phone that creates the T-shape above the camera. This plastic piece is only about a .5 inch long and narrower than the horizontal inserts so I was wondering if this specific piece of plastic had any hardware purpose because it would seem to me that any antenna or other piece of hardware that needed to be housed in plastic could have been placed in the longer wider horizontal pieces. Does anyone know for sure if the little plastic insert I am referring to actually has a purpose other than to drive the OCD/anal people nuts?

Again, I know this was nit picking to begin with but at this point its more about curiosity than anything else. For the record - I love this phone and everything about it. I think the build materials are top-of-the-line and the design is absolutely stunning but...

That damn plastic insert is driving me nuts just like the stuck pixel that you need a magnifying glass to see ;)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

It connects to the nfc antenna, which is in the plastic around the camera. That channel is there for that antenna.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
From everyone's posts sounds needed so.. Even if your nit picky.. Needed is needed :D.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I think it was pocket now that called that plastic piece...

A "thong."

Beisdes she looks hotter with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc