Issues streaming video over HSPA+(3g?)

Jordan Naylor

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, absolutely LOVE my One, iv got it in black.
Anyway in the last month, when streaming video through YouTube (most commonly) if I select HQ, it'll work fine for 40 seconds, maybe longer, maybe less. I can see both the upload and download arrows next to the 'H' lit up and it's fine, but it will just stop suddenly and the video will buffer. Both arrows go normal, they will just flick on and off every now and then like normal use (guess it downloads weather data and stuff). If I click HQ again to put it in standard definition it seems to refresh itself and start downloading again. I can immediately click to enable HQ again and the process starts again. Often when it stops downloading it will very briefly flick to the 3G symbol and back to H. Never likes doing anything on 3G but I don't know why it seems to swap over for a second.

My network is EE (not 4G) as I'm in the UK, I have 1GB free on my contract but I usually run a few GB over as it is pretty cheap and I use the Internet loads.
Speedtest works fine and I get good speeds, it doesn't Last long enough to stop.

No idea if it's the phone or my network. Work fine browsing Facebook or instagram! Wifi isn't strong enough to stream from my room as I'm the other side of my house so I rely on my data to watch YouTube etc before bed. Just no idea what it is doing. Iv tried un installing YouTube in case it wasthe app.

Hope it's my description is clear enough!

Cheers,
Jordan