Blinkfeed with Action Launcher

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
So I just figured out how to get this to "work", but I don't remember at all. I'm so tired, and stumbled across it. Here's the jist:
Install Action Launcher, then install Nova Launcher (yes I know, seems redundant, bear with me). Somewhere in Action Launcher (I can't remember where, nor can I replicate this) there is an option to create a shortcut to a Nova Action. Choose HTC Sense from the box and blamo, you can access HTC Sense via Nova Launcher within Action Launcher.
I'm still sorta confused, and can't figure out how to replicate this. If anyone can clarify the parts where I'm spotty, I'd be much obliged.

It's possible!

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
So I just figured out how to get this to "work", but I don't remember at all. I'm so tired, and stumbled across it. Here's the jist:
Install Action Launcher, then install Nova Launcher (yes I know, seems redundant, bear with me). Somewhere in Action Launcher (I can't remember where, nor can I replicate this) there is an option to create a shortcut to a Nova Action. Choose HTC Sense from the box and blamo, you can access HTC Sense via Nova Launcher within Action Launcher.
I'm still sorta confused, and can't figure out how to replicate this. If anyone can clarify the parts where I'm spotty, I'd be much obliged.

It's possible!

The way it works for most launchers (I am unfamilar with Action), is you long press the home screen and choose 'create activity". Some launchers don't have activities as a choice, but they can access the choices of other launchers, which is why you were seeing the nova action or activity.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, there's no way to get to Sense from Action. Not even via import from action. I'm not sure how I got it to work.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Yilun808

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I use ADW Launcher. Does anyone know if this will work with ADW launcher? I would love to be able to figure out how to import Blinkfeed into my stock android launcher as it's still a decent news feed imo.

In summary, it sounds like I need to create a shortcut to an activity - if my launcher doesn't have it, I need to also install Nova launcher since Nova does. Then choose HTC Sense and that allows me to somehow access blinkfeed? I'm thinking there are some gaps to be filled here. Does blinkfeed come up as an application or widget? Not quite sure I got all of the jist yet...

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I use ADW Launcher. Does anyone know if this will work with ADW launcher? I would love to be able to figure out how to import Blinkfeed into my stock android launcher as it's still a decent news feed imo.

In summary, it sounds like I need to create a shortcut to an activity - if my launcher doesn't have it, I need to also install Nova launcher since Nova does. Then choose HTC Sense and that allows me to somehow access blinkfeed? I'm thinking there are some gaps to be filled here. Does blinkfeed come up as an application or widget? Not quite sure I got all of the jist yet...

How to keep Blinkfeed while using a launcher.

HTC has created a nice news and social media aggregation feature in Sense 5 on the HTC One. However, many users don't like the restrictive features of the Sense 5 launcher.

Using a third party launcher such as ADW, Nova, or Apex provides much more customization than Sense 5, but since Blinkfeed is part of the Sense 5 launcher, you will immediately lose Blinkfeed.

To get access to Blinkfeed with one of these launchers, follow these steps:

1. Clear the defaults of the current default homescreen launcher. This is done under SETTINGS/APPS. Click on the default launcher. Scroll down and find the clear defaults button. Click it.

2. Press the home key. You should now have a choice of which launcher to use. Select HTC Sense.
Click "One Time Only".

3. Delete all home screens except blink feed. Clear the apps out of the dock. (Optionally you can keep the homescreens and icons in the dock if you wish, deleting them makes a clean Blinkfeed only setup that I prefer).

4. Press Home. This time choose you preferred launcher and tap Always. This should take you to your home screen under the new launcher.

5. Create a custom shortcut. In most launchers you long press the homescreen and choose add or add shortcut. When asked to what you want to create a shortcut you will be choosing an Activity, not an App. In the list of activities, scroll down to HTC Sense. Click it. Choose HTC sense (Launcher) or HTC Sense com.htc.Launcher.Launcher depending on which launcher you are using.

6. You now have a shortcut icon that will take you to Blinkfeed. Clicking the icon will open Blinkfeed. Clicking home again returns you to your preferred launcher homescreen.

That's it!

Variations on above include setting the HTC Sense launcher as the default so that hitting home opens blinkfeed, while another icon is created to your preferred launcher.

Joshwin Daniel

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

What about blinkfeed?

It's possible!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante