Getting my Second HTC ONE today. Reception Problems.

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The reception on my first HTC ONE was so bad, no one could hear me on it. Since I still have an EVO 4G LTE, Id have to switch over and call them back on that phone. Im thinking maybe it had a bad Antenna or something. On the Other hand, I noticed my HTC ONE would pick up 4G in places where the EVO was not. Hopefully this will solve my problem, as I Love this phone. Has anyone else had reception issues?

Kudos for Amazon Wireless too. They resolved my problem in about 30 seconds.... Sprint wouldn't help me at the store, nor did they do anything after I was on hold for an hour and 45 minutes to 3 different people. The store blamed it on upgrading the towers, but my EVO 4G didnt have the same problem from the same location.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this while at an AT&T store:

4svshtc1signal.jpg

I understand Sprint & ATT are different networks, but it's interesting to see the One hold LTE when the S4 doesn't. Sammy has historically been near the bottom of signal strength whereas HTC has always been somewhere in the middle.

I remember looking at the EVO LTE and it having less signal strength than the Photon I had.

Curious what others have observed regarding signal compared to their previous devices.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

http://imageshack.us/a/img198/1435/4svshtc1signal.jpg

I understand Sprint & ATT are different networks, but it's interesting to see the One hold LTE when the S4 doesn't. Sammy has historically been near the bottom of signal strength whereas HTC has always been somewhere in the middle.

I remember looking at the EVO LTE and it having less signal strength than the Photon I had.

Curious what others have observed regarding signal compared to their previous devices.

That is really odd. Was the S4 set to have LTE enabled? ATT in launched markets usually wouldn't have that issue with 2 LTE phones in the exact same location.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

http://imageshack.us/a/img198/1435/4svshtc1signal.jpg

I can't comment on the s4 or one, but historically speaking, my HTC Thunderbolt radio was the worst of any phone I have ever had, way worse than my s3 and Note II. In fact, my Note II has the best radio of any phone I have had, even beating out my DROID RAZR MAXX, which was supposedly near the best. My Rezound signal was pretty good though not as good as my DROID RAZR MAXX or note 2. These are all on Verizon if that makes any difference.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't comment on the s4 or one, but historically speaking, my HTC Thunderbolt radio was the worst of any phone I have ever had, way worse than my s3 and Note II. In fact, my Note II has the best radio of any phone I have had, even beating out my DROID RAZR MAXX, which was supposedly near the best. My Rezound signal was pretty good though not as good as my DROID RAZR MAXX or note 2. These are all on Verizon if that makes any difference.
On Verizon, I've had the RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, MAXX HD, S3, Note 2, Droid DNA & iPhone 5. Regarding signal, I'd rate them like this:

Galaxy Nexus < S3 < DNA < MAXX HD < MAXX < Note 2 < iPhone 5.

I don't know what it is, but the iPhone 5 has the best signal of any phone I've used. My house struggles for reception and the iPhone has zero issues, first phone I've had that hasn't experienced 'dead zones'.

I really hope manufacturers focus on signal, its not a huge issue with data, but it causes dropouts on voice all the time.

roneill

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same problem. Many of my calls say they can't hear me and my internet speeds are horrible. I am lucky to get 3g speeds on LTE with Sprint in Houston.

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my One. Very weak signal, while my s4 on the same network is strong and clear. It's thr only reason I had to return my phone. I had a similar issue with my EVO 4G and my Rezound.

I'm not sure why I have had such bad luck with HTC phones in my area. But I can identify.

Last edited:

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 2 before I traded for the HTC One and I get much better signal on the One than I did the Note. I can use data and make phone calls in places I couldn't with the Note. It's insane how much of a difference there has been. I'm kinda scared to go back to a Samsung phone now even though I still wanna get my hands on an s4 just because I'm a phone junkie :)

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Something most people in wireless knew as "common knowledge" back when I worked in wireless, was that different phones and companies worked better than others depending on the network. I imagine that this is still true. My HTC one works fantastically on Att, and I didn't have as good of luck with my 4S. However, I still had better signal than my DH on T-mo in either case. When I was on Sprint MANY years ago, it was "common knowledge" that Samsung phones sucked on Sprint. It may or may not be the same now as far as Samsung on Sprint goes.

Point is... if you are comparing phones, you gotta compare apples to apples and keep it down to one variable. Same phone, different networks or different phones on the same network.

LouCap

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I was having issues with people hearing me on my ONE a few weeks ago. It seemed the conversation would start out fine, but suddenly the audio would drop out. I wouldn't lode signal. just sound. Well, after some searching I saw other folks were having the same problem and they solved it by turning off the WiFi calling capability. As soon as I did that it was crystal clear calls all day long.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I was having issues with people hearing me on my ONE a few weeks ago. It seemed the conversation would start out fine, but suddenly the audio would drop out. I wouldn't lode signal. just sound. Well, after some searching I saw other folks were having the same problem and they solved it by turning off the WiFi calling capability. As soon as I did that it was crystal clear calls all day long.

Wifi calling is in which settings?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
On Sprint, the S3 had great signal just about everywhere I went. With the one, I have even better signal! The S4...not so much. I was dropping calls where I shouldn't and data seemed erratic. Although, people said I sounded better on the S4 than I do on the one. But signal outweighs "I sound better" than anything else....