most affordable carrier to get this phone with?

Sesami

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I am selling the Sprint HTC One I literally JUST got today, mainly because I found out I couldn't use it with the carrier (Ting) that I wanted to. I'm really just looking for a good price on my monthly plan and I would like to use the HTC One. I'm looking for something around $50 a month or less, and I don't need unlimited data or whatnot, I hardly use any minutes at all, around 1500 texts a month, and under 500MB of data. Help me out here... should I just try to get Boost or T-Mobile or wait for the Google version of HTC One? What carrier would they allow me to use it on? I've pretty much been a Sprint customer for the past 3.5 years so I don't really know much about other carriers and services.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile. $50 per month with unlimited everything, including data. But only 500MB of High Speed data. That would be your best option. It is for $99 down, $20 per month thereafter. So really $70 for the end payment, but $20 of it is the device.

You can also purchase the device outright from T-Mobile at $579. The the plan would be the $50 minus any employee discounts that you may be able to get. No contract, obviously.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It's not what's the most affordable but which carrier works best for you.
T-Mobile may be the cheapest but do they get good coverage where you live?

Posted via Android Central App

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It's not what's the most affordable but which carrier works best for you.
T-Mobile may be the cheapest but do they get good coverage where you live?

This, tmo is a great price but man is their coverage suspect in my area. Not to mention where I often travel. Carrier before phone Imo.

Frank Estevez

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile is the better choice. The stuff about bad coverage is a stereotype from the early 2000's. That doesn't mean that there aren't places with bad coverage, all carriers have that problem. Also, with T-Mobile's new uncarrier thing, the phone will be $100 upfront, and then $20 a month for two years. Even with the monthly payments your bill will still be cheaper than other carriers and you don't have to wait two years to get a new phone.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile is the better choice. The stuff about bad coverage is a stereotype from the early 2000's. That doesn't mean that there aren't places with bad coverage, all carriers have that problem. Also, with T-Mobile's new uncarrier thing, the phone will be $100 upfront, and then $20 a month for two years. Even with the monthly payments your bill will still be cheaper than other carriers and you don't have to wait two years to get a new phone.

THIS.

They built up a bad reputation during the days that they actually did suck. They are great now.

One thing about them is that rural 4G coverage is spotty, at best. If you are within a medium sized or large city, their 4G is great. Rural cities... not so much.

I would recommend you go to sensorly.com and check out user coverage maps.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Not Verizon, they annihilate you with their pricing. The only reason people stay with them is for their service, nothing else.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
To directly answer your question:
Sign up for Google Voice, choose a phone number. Go to the Play Store and download GrooveIP Lite. Set up Groove to work with your Google Voice.

Now you have free calling. Nothing is more affordable than free. Sadly, this only works wherever there is wifi. This makes it equivalent to T-Mobile coverage where I'm at :) Just freer!

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am selling the Sprint HTC One I literally JUST got today, mainly because I found out I couldn't use it with the carrier (Ting) that I wanted to. I'm really just looking for a good price on my monthly plan and I would like to use the HTC One. I'm looking for something around $50 a month or less, and I don't need unlimited data or whatnot, I hardly use any minutes at all, around 1500 texts a month, and under 500MB of data. Help me out here... should I just try to get Boost or T-Mobile or wait for the Google version of HTC One? What carrier would they allow me to use it on? I've pretty much been a Sprint customer for the past 3.5 years so I don't really know much about other carriers and services.

You are in the EXACT same position I am...I was seriously looking at Ting too, but I don't think I can live with Sprint's slow data network any longer. It's making me crazy. I have a couple of questions about your experience so far though...why wouldn't it work on Ting? From what I have read and seen, Ting is pretty good about working with people with their "bring your own device plan". And now that the LTE limitation has been dropped it seems like most Sprint Android phones have been able to be accommodated. So I am curious what was told to you. OR if you wanted to use Ting, you could have just got the HTC One directly from Ting. They are in a now-shipping status.

As for Tmobile, you can do better then 50 bucks if you really don't talk much. I've seen people get the developer edition and then sign up for a prepaid plan, or somehow get a Tmo version and cancel their postpaid plan and then just get the $30 prepaid plan. That second way sounds a little complicated, and I am not sure of the details, but people have done it. Scroll down to very bottom of page for the two different $30 plans. The one with unlimited web is only available online and (I think) Walmart still.
Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, No Annual Contract | Monthly 4G | T-Mobile

secretLOVER

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Bought my phone up front n pay $78 a month for truely unlimited. No throttling.
$70 without insurance.
$90 without insurance without buying phone up front.
$50 a month for.... Blah blah blah TMOBILE.

I like all of the options with tmo. Verizon was cool when you could update annually on a two year for just $25 more for the reduced price of the phone. They got greedy with everything n there wasn't a reason to stay.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
If you're unsure about coverage for a carrier in your area check out an app called "CellMaps mobile coverage". As far as cheapest I would say tmobile but like others have already pointed out it doesn't matter how cheap it is if you don't get good coverage in your area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781