11-19-2013 05:00 AM
42 12
tools
    I like making music and this is a big disappointment to me. There is a 300ms delay for pianos and drum pads, it is not the app that matters. HTC was too dumb lazy too get better audio drivers and decrease latency. This really passes me off. Want to see an example? Download Electro Drum pads and see for yourself. It has a pick square icon. On my Galaxy Nexus there is 0 delay, but on the One it is unbelievable. Wow, nice going HTC.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-29-2013 12:19 AM
    You know I read something posted awhile back this was more am android problem than a particular phone issue and it was something Google was working on. Wish I had the link to the article.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-29-2013 12:34 AM
    You know I read something posted awhile back this was more am android problem than a particular phone issue and it was something Google was working on. Wish I had the link to the article.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    That's the thing. It WAS a problem. Jelly bean fixed that. The manufacturers can make the phone has a latency below 10ms but they don't.

05-29-2013 01:08 AM
    My Nexus 7 had bad latency. I'll be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.
    05-29-2013 02:45 AM
    My Nexus 7 had bad latency. I'll be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.
    And no one has answers or wants to discuss this apparently.

TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-29-2013 03:21 AM
    Is there an app for checking latency? I downloaded and tried that drum pad and don't have a problem that I can tell.
    ectoren and TomsAndroid like this.
    05-29-2013 08:44 AM
    Want to see an example? Download Electro Drum pads and see for yourself.[...]
    Your musician ears may tell the difference. I downloaded the app and didn't hear any issue. I didn't see or hear any latency issue.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-29-2013 08:51 AM
    Is there an app for checking latency? I downloaded and tried that drum pad and don't have a problem that I can tell.
    BTW, I do own the HTC One. Agree. I didn't see any noticeable issue either.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-29-2013 08:52 AM
    I downloaded and it sounds fine on my phone!

SENT FROM ANDROID CENTRAL'S TOP SMARTPHONE OF 2013!! WOOT WOOT!
    TomsAndroid and ectoren like this.
    05-29-2013 08:56 AM
    I downloaded and it sounds fine on my phone!

SENT FROM ANDROID CENTRAL'S TOP SMARTPHONE OF 2013!! WOOT WOOT!
    It sounds fine yes, but notice the delay?

05-29-2013 11:44 AM
    Your musician ears may tell the difference. I downloaded the app and didn't hear any issue. I didn't see or hear any latency issue.
    It is the delay I am taking about.

05-29-2013 11:45 AM
    Don't you notice the noticeable delay from when you tap until it plays the sound?

05-29-2013 11:45 AM
    Nope. My initial response was about not having a delay. But. Again. I'm not a musician so your mileage may vary.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-29-2013 12:44 PM
    I tapped the screen with my two fingers and didn't notice a delay. The app worked fine.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-29-2013 12:45 PM
    Does this app measure the latency for you? Or are you just guessing on the 300ms? .3 seconds is a lot and would probably be noticed by EVERYONE.
    ConTejas likes this.
    05-29-2013 01:35 PM
    It is the delay I am taking about.
    The way it sounds to me is like this:

tap/Snare

So I don't get the latency as far as how I understand your question. To me latency is:

tap.......Snare

I do not get that. I get tap/Snare.
    05-29-2013 03:02 PM
    I just tried it. No noticeable delay to me. I'm a musician, drummer to be exact, so I would notice.

Superbleester, did you restart your phone and/or clear data/cache on the app? One of those might help you.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-29-2013 03:25 PM
    Does this app measure the latency for you? Or are you just guessing on the 300ms? .3 seconds is a lot and would probably be noticed by EVERYONE.
    It's actually .35 seconds....but who's counting?
    TomsAndroid and mkhall like this.
    05-29-2013 03:27 PM
    It's actually .35 seconds....but who's counting?
    Yeah, I know. My point still stands. :P
    05-29-2013 03:33 PM
    I just tried it. No noticeable delay to me. I'm a musician, drummer to be exact, so I would notice.

Superbleester, did you restart your phone and/or clear data/cache on the app? One of those might help you.
    How? It is so obvious to me.
    I don't get how you can not hear a noticeable delay, maybe it is because I also have a Galaxy Nexus that doesn't have any delay.

05-29-2013 04:42 PM
    Maybe...because......you may have a defective unit and we don't?

Just for the hell of it I tried NodeBeat which includes tapping and sliding notes on the screen and I didn't get any delay.
    TomsAndroid and ConTejas like this.
    05-29-2013 05:09 PM
    Since I am not a musician, I wasn't aware this was an issue. But. Here is a video that claims a fix in JB:

blckz28 likes this.
    05-29-2013 05:28 PM
    Yes there is a noticeable and frustrating delay on some apps, I have no idea why. I switched from Iphone 4 to HTC ONE. Playing puzzles and dragons on both. There is a nearly half a second lag, probably more like 200-300 ms delay from when you move an orb to when the sound occurs. There is 0 delay on the Iphone. My friend with a galaxy note 2 does not have any sound delay with the same exact Android app.
    05-29-2013 05:51 PM
    Yes there is a noticeable and frustrating delay on some apps, I have no idea why. I switched from Iphone 4 to HTC ONE. Playing puzzles and dragons on both. There is a nearly half a second lag, probably more like 200-300 ms delay from when you move an orb to when the sound occurs. There is 0 delay on the Iphone. My friend with a galaxy note 2 does not have any sound delay with the same exact Android app.
    It is just HTC being lazy with the sound chip and or the drivers it uses. It is fixable, but there is no demand for it.

05-29-2013 06:02 PM
    Maybe...because......you may have a defective unit and we don't?

Just for the hell of it I tried NodeBeat which includes tapping and sliding notes on the screen and I didn't get any delay.
    You need a reference device man, it isn't my device, it is just a problem that is in almost every phone and apparently this one too.

05-29-2013 06:03 PM
42 12