New software update from AT&T

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
So nobody knows yet precisely what this update included? I think we are speculating that it fixed the soft buttons because several people are saying that they see improvement. But I don't know if that is a placebo effect or not (my soft buttons worked about 90% of the time - not great but not too horrible).

I saw the camera pictures for the before & after patch update and the improvement was very noticeable and amazing. But if that software update was 200+ MB and this one was 20MB, it doesn't seem like it would be included.

I'm confused reading the previous link - in the article, they refer to update 1.29.206.11. But in the screenshot, it says successfully completed 1.29.401.12. And the version that we got ended in 502.12.

If anyone knows anything more, please share.

The update we got today is 1.26.502.12. I would speculate that the .26 is the key number as the 200MB update was .29, which implies we haven't yet gotten that update.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Home and back buttons working way better. I like it!

Mine have worked just fine from the beginning, which is the second day the phone was available. Where I have problems is the screen. Unless you tap it just right it doesn't respond. This is the least responsive screen on any device I have ever owned and I've owned everything from Palm to iPhone to various Androids.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
i have a screen protector, and after the update, the back and home buttons are 100% working better! it also seems my wi-fi connection might have improved? it doesn't seem to be dropping signal as much anymore, but that could just be a coincidence.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
i have a screen protector, and after the update, the back and home buttons are 100% working better! it also seems my wi-fi connection might have improved? it doesn't seem to be dropping signal as much anymore, but that could just be a coincidence.

Sounds great! However I use WiFi all the time and never had an issue for mine.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine have worked just fine from the beginning, which is the second day the phone was available. Where I have problems is the screen. Unless you tap it just right it doesn't respond. This is the least responsive screen on any device I have ever owned and I've owned everything from Palm to iPhone to various Androids.

Exchange immediately. Something is wrong with your device

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

anon(4681724)

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded the update to my ATT HTC One and also noticed an improvement to the "back" key. Seemed like it's more responsive. It also seems to have corrected a problem with identifying my current location for weather purposes. The stock weather widget would display "Current Location" instead of the actual city or town. Had heard other people report the same problem. After the update--actually displays my city/town. I had played with this problem but could figure out what was going on--even with all the location services activated (including GPS) and couldn't get it to change. Now it seems the problem is gone. Now keeping my fingers crossed for 4.2.2.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded the update to my ATT HTC One and also noticed an improvement to the "back" key. Seemed like it's more responsive. It also seems to have corrected a problem with identifying my current location for weather purposes. The stock weather widget would display "Current Location" instead of the actual city or town. Had heard other people report the same problem. After the update--actually displays my city/town. I had played with this problem but could figure out what was going on--even with all the location services activated (including GPS) and couldn't get it to change. Now it seems the problem is gone. Now keeping my fingers crossed for 4.2.2.

on a side note, did you ever try 'settings>apps>all>weather>clear data' ? that's worked for me every time to get rid of current location and go back to the actual city.

anon(4681724)

May 27, 2013
Visit site
on a side note, did you ever try 'settings>apps>all>weather>clear data' ? that's worked for me every time to get rid of current location and go back to the actual city.

Don't remember if I tried it--but I spent a lot of time in the setup screens for the weather app and a bunch of other areas where I though the app might have accessed to get information. In any case, I'm glad things are good now.

Yilun808

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have to say that this update must have been for the soft keys on the front of the phone. Since the download, my back and home buttons have worked flawlessly and have not skipped a single time in all my use for the entire weekend.

I think it's pretty safe to say that this update fixed these buttons permanently. I'm not sure with only a 20MB patch if they were able to squeeze anything else onto the fix but I ain't complaining!

Matt Bourg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I have to say that this update must have been for the soft keys on the front of the phone. Since the download, my back and home buttons have worked flawlessly and have not skipped a single time in all my use for the entire weekend.

I think it's pretty safe to say that this update fixed these buttons permanently. I'm not sure with only a 20MB patch if they were able to squeeze anything else onto the fix but I ain't complaining!

Same here. I had consistent issues with the home and back keys and now it's working perfectly. I haven't noticed any other changes either.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
i was happy with the back/home key response after the upgrade but as of last night, i'm having an issue, possibly related.

about 5-times last night, i lost total connection to at&t cellular service and was getting the "no SIM card" error. the first 2-times, a device reboot resolved this, but the last 3-times, i had to wait it out and after 15+ minutes, the error cleared and service was restored.

anyone else ever see this either before or after the recent upgrade?

Shaun Blackman

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I have not noticed any changes since running the update. Really getting impatient waiting for AT&T to push the 1.29 update. Improved camera and sound is a big deal considering those are 2 of the phones selling points. Already starting to regret my choice going with AT&T, other carriers pushed this update months ago... Better not have to wait this long for Android 4.2.2 and 4.3 when released.

wildblue

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It was my understanding that the camera improvements were already rolled into the ATT version of 1.26 in US versions of the One. I'm sure I saw a thread about here somewhere.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You should be on 1.26.502.12. Go in to settings and go to the bottom to AT&T software updates click on it and then click on check for updates. The update will come from at&t.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad