Will battery situation affect resell value?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll start by saying the lack of reasonably replaceable (I say reasonable because the Evo 4G LTE battery was replaceable but took a bit of extra effort) doesn't bother me for personal use as I find the life to be fine and don't mind charging for a boost in the rare occasion I need it.

But I have sold my last five phones after a year to get the latest and greatest. But if the next user doesn't have the option of either an OEM out China battery, will he or she be less likely to buy the phone?

There is a good chance the One will hold up for me for more than a year but who knows. Just something I've thought about.

Posted via Android Central App

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I do the same. I am Sure it won't be a huge problem. Especially after only a year.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hasn't stopped Apple...and it didn't hurt the Nexus 4 phone from selling.

I agree but the situations are the same so I would use those 2 as an indication of what could happen. In any event, I think non-removable battery means little to most users and the general public and they probably don't think about the long term affect of a battery being used for a couple years. We'd probably be amazed at the amount of people that don't know that rechargeable batteries do die. I remember telling my wife the reason why our laptop battery life was so short after a couple years was because it's dying and cannot hold a charge anymore. She said "Oh, I didn't know those type of batteries could die". Now my wife is smart but this didn't make me proud LOL.