Rather...peculiar...thing I noticed about the camera on my HTC One.

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
As I expected, the camera on the HTC One is as phenomenal as I expected it to be...in every single place on Earth except inside my house. Wait, what?

No, I'm serious. Picture quality is absolutely amazing no matter where I go, even right outside my front door. But as soon as I step inside my house and try to take a picture in any room, the camera instantly turns very VERY grainy and pictures become very low quality...

Is there something wrong with my house that my phone is trying to tell me? I've tried taking pictures when I was in my sister's apartment earlier today and the pictures looked pretty good still, so I think my phone is giving me a subliminal message about some kind of dangerous problem with my house...or maybe I'm just looking into this too much.

Anyway, that's the weird problem I'm experiencing. I can probably provide pictures to compare outside my house to inside my house so you can see my dilemma, if you'd like. I just think it's a rather funny problem. Nothing serious, I'm sure.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you asking if your house is haunted in a way that your phone detects, but you do not? Because that's an awesome question.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty interesting. You should definitely post some pictures so we can see what you're talking about. I've read that ghosts "communicate" through electronics. I know some people would say ghosts don't exist... But I live in a very old house with a history.... And some pretty weird and random things have happened here. Just my two cents lol.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!! :)

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you have too much lighting in your house that is not even. Like a large tv mixed in with lamps and ceiling lights? That can make any camera suck because it will have difficulty getting good pictures, especially if it won't flash. Are you having more issues at night time too?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you have too much lighting in your house that is not even. Like a large tv mixed in with lamps and ceiling lights? That can make any camera suck because it will have difficulty getting good pictures, especially if it won't flash. Are you having more issues at night time too?

All day pretty much it's mostly bad. It's probably the lighting. Damn ghosts messin' around with my lighting! > : (

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Very interesting. Do you know anyone else with an HTC one that could take pics and you two could compare? Just a thought...

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Very interesting. Do you know anyone else with an HTC one that could take pics and you two could compare? Just a thought...

I'll give that a shot. If I try that and it ends up that something's wrong with my camera (GHOSTS INHABITING IT, OF COURSE!) then I will return it and the ghosts will inhabit the Radioshack I bought it at, instead. Win win! :D

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm being serious here, so don't think I'm just pulling your leg: are those two pics of you BOTH taken with the same camera? The first one is obviously taken by someone else; the second one looks like a self-portrait, using the front-facing camera. It's in portrait orientation and there is a noticeable glow on your face from the screen, possibly.(?)

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Both are taken by me with the front-facing camera. The back camera isn't much better, but my room is a mess and I'm terrible at self-pictures with back cameras. So I elected to use my front camera.

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Both are taken by me with the front-facing camera. The back camera isn't much better, but my room is a mess and I'm terrible at self-pictures with back cameras. So I elected to use my front camera.

There's your problem. The front camera is not the same as your back camera. Take some pics of a friend, inside and outside, using the rear camera. I think you'll be happier! Good luck!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There's your problem. The front camera is not the same as your back camera. Take some pics of a friend, inside and outside, using the rear camera. I think you'll be happier! Good luck!

So no advice on how to deal with the ghosts? Sounds like you only solved one of the problems, and the lesser of the two!

ghostbusters-logo.jpg

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried last night to take a picture of my sister inside the house and it looked awful. The colors were too orange-y (which was probably due to the lighting though).

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried last night to take a picture of my sister inside the house and it looked awful. The colors were too orange-y (which was probably due to the lighting though).

Do you tap on the screen to focus it prior to taking a picture? I was having the same issue until I started doing this and it's 100% better.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I just love the priorities here... "Hey guys, my house is haunted and it's messing up pictures I take with my phone... can you help?" "Oh yeah, here are some settings to try to fix the pictures!!!!!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci