Any advantages of hardware buttons?

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Are there any advantages of these over having software buttons only like the GS4? Will it be a waste of screen real estate in the Nexus version of the One to have these physical buttons, or can they still be utilized in any way?

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, I don't quite understand where that thread is going.

They are talking about the lack of a menu button on HTC One causing the black bar and taking up screen space. Sorry if that's not what you were looking for. I have the S4 with dedicated menu button and no black bar.

vazquezke

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
They are talking about the lack of a menu button on HTC One causing the black bar and taking up screen space. Sorry if that's not what you were looking for. I have the S4 with dedicated menu button and no black bar.
I'm sorry, I'm new to Android, but wasn't the new version of Android design to get rid of the menu button all together? If so, how is this HTC's fault?

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, I'm new to Android, but wasn't the new version of Android design to get rid of the menu button all together? If so, how is this HTC's fault?

It was HTC's decision but I wouldn't call it their "fault". That sounds like someone is being blamed for something negative.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It's been stated before but here goes, IF app developers update their app to modern Google design there is no black bar. People are making a huge deal about a hardware manufacturer making a product more in line with the intentions of the OS designer's wishes when the issue only arises when an app developer declines to update their app. It's there, for some apps, not there for others. My solution, either ignore it (pretty easy after about five minutes) or not use the app until it gets updated. When you DO use an updated app you'll see just why Google wanted to axe the menu button in the first place. At least I did.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2