Sound profile problem - rings in silent and vibrate mode

csull23

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Phone is stock. What happens is, regardless of the sound profile, if I get a phone call my phone will ring at max volume. Right as the call comes in the phone auto-switches to a normal profile and then switches back to whatever it should be after the call is completed. Text messages and notifications all work as they should with the sound profile settings.

I've tried changing the profile through a widget, the volume rocker, and through settings-->sound. Nothing works. My only option at this point is to set my ringtone to "silent" essentially making it so I never have a ringtone in all profiles.

Anyone else having this problem or have any ideas?

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. Phone is stock two days old. I've tried everything you have and can't find anything in the forums.. This is brutal..loving the phone but this might be a deal breaker.

Username1dd

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. Sometime a restart would fix it. The solution though was to change the ringtone to the tone "silent" and put your phone back in vibrate mode. No more ringing.

Gaagle Plas

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
This is happening with my HTC One S (t-mobile) and started after the software update. But it ONLY happens when a known contact calls. I tested it by calling from my work # and it didn't ring, but when my wife calls it blasts the ringtone. I don't think it was the Jelly Bean update but the HTC update - but I am not sure since the Jelly Bean update happened shortly before the HTC update.

Gaagle Plas

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay, just figured it out on my phone at least. My wife was setup in the VIP group and that group will ALWAYS ring. Move to another group and the ringing while on silent or vibrate should stop.

aviral tomar

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys pls help me my phone is ringing slowly but when i used to hear my audio songs from meadia player then it is ringing louder and its volume is also not bieng slower when i used to do volume slower it is ring louder at low volume? Pls guys help me............................. AND M USING SAMSUNG GALAXY STAR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair