Text Message Preview on Lock Screen

mvp285

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.. Question for those of you using the HTC ONE. With the Stock Messaging app on the phone, I like it and all but I have a small gripe about it. I don't get message previews on the lock screen when I get a message. Yes I know, maybe it's disabled to save on battery life, but battery life is not an issue for me on this phone. Anyways, the only way I can get a message preview on lock screen is if I use CHOMP SMS messaging app. I dont like it, I prefer the stock one, but I leave it on so that I can get previews on my lock screen. Are you guys having the same problem? If so, has anyone found a way to maybe Enable the feature so that I can see a preview of my text on the lock screen? Any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi all.. Question for those of you using the HTC ONE. With the Stock Messaging app on the phone, I like it and all but I have a small gripe about it. I don't get message previews on the lock screen when I get a message. Yes I know, maybe it's disabled to save on battery life, but battery life is not an issue for me on this phone. Anyways, the only way I can get a message preview on lock screen is if I use CHOMP SMS messaging app. I dont like it, I prefer the stock one, but I leave it on so that I can get previews on my lock screen. Are you guys having the same problem? If so, has anyone found a way to maybe Enable the feature so that I can see a preview of my text on the lock screen? Any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

SMS popup is a separate app that used to do it. Without changing text apps.(Haven't used it in a while) There are others too.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You can have text message previews with the stock app. To get them, you need to go into Setting, and then Personalize. Then choose Lock screen style. Change it to Productivity style. You're all set then. :)

cdknight

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings > Security and check Message Notification Preview. This works with the normal lock screen, not just the Productivity lock screen.

Posted via Android Central App

Unifantasy07

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

I'm new to AndroidCentral, Android, and the smartphone. I just picked up the HTC M8 and this thread helped me out a lot (even though it is a year and a half old) :) Thanks!

I have gone into the settings and got the Message Notification Preview to show but I have another question:
When I have multiple text messages it does not display each one on the lock screen, it simply shows the message icon and the number of messages. There seems to be plenty of space on the screen to show each individual message preview. Any suggestion how to get the message notification preview to show multiple messages on the lock screen? Or any suggestions of widgets/apps to do this?

Many thanks!
~ Uni

megaminding

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi 'Central,

First time poster and newbie android user. I am having some trouble getting text previews to show up on my lock screen. I have enabled them via the Settings > Security > Notfications route and they still won't show up. I used to get them all the time but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm hoping it might be another setting somewhere I missed being a new user. If anyone is still listening, PLEASE HELP!

HTC One M8
Using the standard SMS messaging app

Thanks for any advice.

-Megaminding

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1