Which Phone has better battery life? S4 or HTC ONE?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi i recently used the Note 2 for a few days and the battery is phenomenal! Now i have the HTC One and not too happy with the battery. Granted, the note was notably bigger and therefore probably had the bigger battery. So now i'm wondering which device has a better battery? The HTC One or the Samsung Galaxy S4? I'm also an extremely heavy user, surfing the web all day, texting, facebook, and etc.
The S4 will always have better battery life. Because the battery can be upgraded. The best battery life will never come from phones with embedded batteries.

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
So I let my battery literally drain to 0 last night and got 9 hours and 54 mins. So i cant really complain. I just hate it how its pretty much drained by the time i get home from work and i wont b able to go anywhere until i have a comfortable battery life percentage. Maybe i'll just bring a cable to work and have it charging at work. Does anyone know if that will damage the battery, just having it charging maybe second half of the day?

There is no damage to the battery if you're topping it off during the day. If the battery dissipates over the day and you want to plug it in before you leave from work, do so.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So I let my battery literally drain to 0 last night and got 9 hours and 54 mins. So i cant really complain. I just hate it how its pretty much drained by the time i get home from work and i wont b able to go anywhere until i have a comfortable battery life percentage. Maybe i'll just bring a cable to work and have it charging at work. Does anyone know if that will damage the battery, just having it charging maybe second half of the day?

Charge it as often as you can. The less you let it discharge the longer the battery will remain healthy. If you can charge it charge it. Letting the battery run low to empty is actually pretty bad for battery health.

Viva Terlingua

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone to the One, I don't get quite the battery life, but I didn't expect it. Overall I've been happy with the battery life of the One.

Posted via Android Central App

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been amazing. I can easily go more than 1 day between charges. Also the battery doesn't discharge as much as other phones when I'm web browsing, taking pictures, and recording videos.

Posted via Android Central App

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Why did you make the switch? If you dont mind me asking

I switched to the S4 from the ONE for numerous reasons...
wanted the larger S4 screen and latest Gorilla screen (since I don't use screen protector),
ONE fonts seemed narrow,
ONE felt rough w/sharper edges when holding,
even though I knew it when I purchased the one...mentally I realized I wanted a replaceable battery...what if I do keep it for 2 years and have trouble selling the One since the battery is 2 years old?,
decided the replaceable cover of the S4 could be an advantage at sell time,
lighter and shorter S4 is an advantage for me.

I think the primary reason is the 5" screen...some say it's not a major difference but for myself it is...
using the ONE basically meant using my reading glasses 100%, using the S4...I can get buy much of the time w/o reading glasses unless I'm cruising web pages, magazines, etc.

I am not dogging the ONE since it is pretty nice...but these were just the thought processes I went through when I decided to switch...glad I did however.

Oh yeah, my battery life on the S4 has gotten MUCH better but I was forced to use "Green Power" and turn off most of the Google Location stuff (maps, latitude, etc...). I've also disabled a few apps via application manager since I'm trying to avoid rooting to get a good feel for the S4 in it's stock state.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Ive used both the one and s4 and the the note 2. I like the battery life of the one over the s4. I could get over a day with moderate to heavy use on the one. S4 was just from morning till bed time with the same usage. The note 2 is nice but I compare it to the one in battery life. Id say ones not better than the othee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your settings and usage...This thread is as subjective as all the others that compare phones unless you literally own both and do the "Kayak commercial" with the dummies tied together with a pole. My battery is great...but, so am I ;)

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on usage. You will not have as good of battery life as you did on the Note 2 because of the size. The bigger the phone the bigger the battery the manufacturers can fit in them.

The only advantage you would have with the S4 would be having multiple batteries with you to swap out. But on the HTC One they have external chargers you could use as well.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
If battery size is the difference, then S4 will have better battery life because its battery is bigger than the One's.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
S4.

By the end of a 12 hour shift my One had 14%, while the S4 had 26%.

I brought the One to work on Friday and S4 the next day.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If battery size is the difference, then S4 will have better battery life because its battery is bigger than the One's.

There are tons of things to factor in. Such as the S4 battery is bigger.. But they have alot more sensors that could deplete the battery worse than the smaller battery of the One so the One could last longer. It could also go the other way by changing some settings / tweaking and then the S4 is better.

Battery is always about what you have running, how much screen time, syncs, all that. On weekends I can get almost 3 days out of my battery on my S3...during the week I am at 25-40 % usually 4-5 hours into work.. Because I use it a ton more at work then I do at home... Mainly using network data due to streaming music the whole time.

So as everyone has said a hundred times over.. Depends on your usage and what you do.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
the international One received an update in April (after the GSMArena tests) which was reported to greatly improve battery life.

Can you point me to the HTC ONE battery test that was done after the update showing better battery life. Ill update my post. Thanks.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC