I some serious help, DoD related.

PittsDriver

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
So I have Fo not Disturbed on my phone so I can mute incoming text messages and email alerts, and only allow phone calls while I'm sleeping. I am on call so I need phone calls but I don't want to be constantly bothered by incoming alerts. This morning I missed a bunch of calls, then it finally worked and a call cane through. I am now worried about this app. What would be a good solution to mute all alerts except phone calls?

Sent from my HTC One

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
You need to turn off notifications within the individual apps themselves. So in the SMS app, you'd need to hit Menu -> Settings -> Notifications -> Received Notification (uncheck). You'd need to do the same in Facebook and any other app you wanted to silence too.

There are some apps in play store I know nothing about

PittsDriver

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't seem like any of those apps can easily allow all phone calls to come through as normal, while muting other notification sounds.

Traveler62

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I loaded Silent Time on my One. It has exceptions in the menu that let you put phone numbers that you want to go through, even when silent. This has worked great. If you don't know the numbers of all the possible contacts that have to get through, than you will need something else.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Just turn toggle off both data and wifi so that nothing is delivered except for cell and text. Wouldn't that work? Power Toggles will put those toggles in your pull down menu for easy access.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums