Blinkfeed Question

incinerate2007

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if there's a way to remove HTC's big blue "Tips & Help" boxes that are scattered throughout blinkfeed?

I've looked everywhere and I can't figure it out! Can't seem to find anything online either.

Last edited:

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I really don't use it that much. You can select certain sections of content (I.e. gaming, mobile, global, etc) it might be in that drop down somewhere. Pull down blinkfeed to reveal those options when your at the top.

Sent from my HTC One

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if there's a way to remove HTC's big blue "hints and tips" boxes that are scattered throughout blinkfeed?

I've looked everywhere and I can't figure it out! Can't seem to find anything online either.

I just looked at mine, and those are all gone. Have you customized the topics yet and unchecked facebook, etc?

incinerate2007

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I just looked at mine, and those are all gone. Have you customized the topics yet and unchecked facebook, etc?

Yup I've fully searched through the options for apps/topics/categories, etc and they still appear. They are in big blue boxes that are labelled as "Tips & Help".

If you tap the dropdown under "highlights" then you can see them all listed under hte category at the very bottom called "Apps".

I can't believe I must be the only person who noticed or is struggling with this lol.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
What exactly do you mean by "customizing"? If you could point me to a specific "customization" that turns that off, it would be much appreciated.

Pull the blinkfeed down just a little until you see the menu dots (3 little dots on the right side) and open the menu and choose "Topics and Services"...check and uncheck whatever you do or don't want to see on your blinkfeed screen, then swipe to the right to "Services and Apps" and repeat. The blue boxes should be gone after that.

incinerate2007

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Pull the blinkfeed down just a little until you see the menu dots (3 little dots on the right side) and open the menu and choose "Topics and Services"...check and uncheck whatever you do or don't want to see on your blinkfeed screen, then swipe to the right to "Services and Apps" and repeat. The blue boxes should be gone after that.

Thank you for the detailed response. I had already done this the very first day I got the phone, but just to make sure, I went through what you outlined again, and after refreshing the feed the very first time, the news item that popped up was a big blue "tips and help" box lol (see first attachment).

One thing I just noticed however is that under the blinkfeed pull-down menu, if you only choose the category on the bottom labelled "Apps" (see second attachment), then that's where all the tips and help items are categorized under - so we know that blinkfeed categorizes them as "Apps" stories. Unfortunately when you go into the "topics and services" and "services and Apps" menus, the "Apps" category isn't even available to deselect...

Thanks again for all the responses. If anyone has a proven solution for this it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-09-14-49-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-09-14-49-11.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_2013-06-09-14-51-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-09-14-51-16.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 109

HAE84

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I have exactly the same problem and it's driving me crazy!
I have tried all of the suggestions here, have completed the 'customise your phone' wizard over 20 times, have selected/ deselected everything and nothing works - the blue boxes are still there!
Can somebody please please help........I'm not using the blinkfeed screen as my homepage as it's p*ssing me off that much!

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I remember seeing those but they seem to have gone away on their own without me making any significant changes. Maybe they just cycle through when the phone is new. It may also be possible that they are being used to flesh out a lack of content, maybe if you don't have many feeds selected or are updating too often. Just my theories.

incinerate2007

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback.

It's been about a month and they still haven't gone away for me... if anything it feels like they're popping up even more often. At least now I know I'm not the only one who has this issue.

I will try emailing HTC about this... it's still driving me absolutely nuts.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, if that blue box is driving you mad now. Just wait till you get to the bottom of the feed and wish to go all the way up... HINT: Tap the pull down notification shade and it will take you back to the top. Stumbled upon it and thought to share it as not many people seem to know this, as I see all over the place that pressing the back button will take you up as a new feature in the leaked JB 4.2.2

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I will say that blinkfeed... which was something I wasn't that thrilled about before getting the phone... has really grown on me.

I don't always have it as my home screen but it is almost always one of the first things I check now.

THey just need to add the RSS feed and a few other sources (I want google+ on it as well).

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I will say that blinkfeed... which was something I wasn't that thrilled about before getting the phone... has really grown on me.

I don't always have it as my home screen but it is almost always one of the first things I check now.

THey just need to add the RSS feed and a few other sources (I want google+ on it as well).

^^this. I'm digging blink feed but I HATE the only three news sources offered.. Wtf.... Which are known to be uncomfortably extremely left wing, anyway. Be nice to actually CHOOSE what I want to see...