The Dreaded 'Dust Under The Screen'...

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys... I'm starting to get some dust particles on the top left of the screen. :-( Anyone else? Yes, I do keep it in my pocket (with case and screen protector), but my HTC Vivid held up pretty nicely with barely any dust!? OCD sucks! Ha.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I had that issue a long time ago with my HTC Hero. It is definitely an annoying problem to have.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't even know where to blow it out from? There aren't any gaps. It's a pretty solid build.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I took mine to the Sprint store and they cleaned it out for me, but that was three years ago. I don't know if they still do that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys... I'm starting to get some dust particles on the top left of the screen. :-( Anyone else? Yes, I do keep it in my pocket (with case and screen protector), but my HTC Vivid held up pretty nicely with barely any dust!? OCD sucks! Ha.

I thought the screen was glued to the glass?

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
yeah, there's no way it's glued... i found some threads on xda talking about it too. i figured i'd get a few dust particles way down the line, but i didn't think this quickly? i've had the phone since early may.

ChappersUK

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Both mine & the wife's Sensations suffer from this - in fact I'm on my third handset (all swapped for the same reason). I was hoping that it was just a design fault that affected the Sensation but it seems maybe not :/

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
before my HTC vivid, i had 2 blackberry torch models, and all 3 phones had it. i honestly think it's unavoidable! right now, there are like 5 particles that are only visible with a black screen in sunlight, but so far, it's not bad when i'm using the phone inside or outside. i'll monitor it. honestly, it's probably better for my OCD, so that i can finally get rid of it and not care! ha.

nicsye

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I've owned my One for 15 days now (1 day late to exchange here in Canada... ARGHHH) and I noticed a speck of dust under the screen near the top left. It is very distracting now and "cannot be unseen". I don't understand how these things happen when these screens should be hermetically sealed, made sense back when screens were just a plastic covering over an LCD.

I also have a slight light leak where the glass meets the bottom right edge next to the home button, appears as a very thin strip when capacitive buttons are lit up. If I press hard with my finger, the light disappears. Anyone else have this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox