SwiftKey

EoN604

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Being new to Android just wondering how many people use SwiftKey app on HTC One? I notice that HTC One default keyboard has that 'flow' style feature where you can slide across the keyboard to form the word and the word recognition seems ok. Is this the main feature that SwiftKey app provided? Ie is the new HTC Sense keyboard meant to be as efficient as SwiftKey? I've just installed the trial version and it does seem to feel a bit easier to type but I'm not sure if that's placebo effect ;) Just curious to know if people are using this over the default?

Cheers

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

Being new to Android just wondering how many people use SwiftKey app on HTC One? I notice that HTC One default keyboard has that 'flow' style feature where you can slide across the keyboard to form the word and the word recognition seems ok. Is this the main feature that SwiftKey app provided? Ie is the new HTC Sense keyboard meant to be as efficient as SwiftKey? I've just installed the trial version and it does seem to feel a bit easier to type but I'm not sure if that's placebo effect ;) Just curious to know if people are using this over the default?

Cheers

Swype is another good alternative to check out. I use both and am mostly undecided. There is a thread in here that may answer some of your questions.

Kryptonal

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I am currently swapping between SwiftKey and the Stock Android keyboard. I can't decide which I like best yet but I did notice that while SwiftKey gives me better suggestions, it can occasionally lag or hang up.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Swiftkey's main compelling feature has always been learning how you type so it can suggest not just the current word you're trying to type, but the following words. It learns as you type, and it can learn by reading your SMS, twitter, facebook even. "Flow" was a recent addition, because it's becoming such a popular feature now (Swype, Google kb, HTC kb, Sony, Samsung, Kii, Go Keyboard, and many more, all do it nowadays).

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey is still the best keyboard out IMO but I am giving the Google Keyboard a fair shot. Gonna use it for a week to see what I really like better. Swiftkey is a great app though! It can freeze here and there but I have yet to see it on the HTC One. Was a huge issue on my S3 though.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the One's stock Sense keyboard lately and I'm liking my typing flow on it. But I was a religious SwiftKey user and that was excellent as well, made the transition from a physical keyboard very bearable for me. So I guess just try both and decide for yourself. Am going to download the Google Keyboard and give that a whirl to see how that one is.

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Give Kii Keyboard a look. I've tried them all and prefer this one over all of them. Using the ICS theme it looks and feels like the stock Android Keyboard. Also Kii has the swipe method as well if thats your thing. You can customize just about anything you want as well.

RockstarSR

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Major drawback of Swiftkey is it doesnt support keyboard shortcuts. Ex: Typing 'omy' should insert "On my way"...

Also, i wish Android had similar system emoji like that of iOS or WhatsApp.

wormdood

Apr 20, 2010
blog.mattkurio.com
SwiftKey user here. Also downloaded the stock Android keyboard, but like that SwiftKey has more long press punctuation options.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey is a great app. The predictive and learning curve is awesome and often takes the words right out of my mouth.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Major drawback of Swiftkey is it doesnt support keyboard shortcuts. Ex: Typing 'omy' should insert "On my way"...

Also, i wish Android had similar system emoji like that of iOS or WhatsApp.

It works differently but still can be just as effective.

You can type 'On' and Swiftkey will predict for the next word 'my' then 'way.'

Swiftkey does require a bit of training as well as some "unlearning" of habits developed from other keyboards. But once you learn to trust it's next word prediction capabilities it's more efficient than pretty much any keyboard out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair