Battery pretty much stinks on first day

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So yeah, after all the praise it seems as if im either just accustomed to a long day of battery with the GN2 or the HTC one battery is poor. My battery today with moderate use and the majority of the day on Wifi has been pretty poor. I'm sitting at 7hrs and 24mins and already down to 34%. Granted where I am located I am on 2g services this still isn't good as most here paint it to believe. I see folks talking about they get 20+ hours of B Life with "moderate-heavy" usage but I don't think thats right. Are there some Palm Pre guys that own the One now claiming astronomical battery life when in fact its very poor?

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So yeah, after all the praise it seems as if im either just accustomed to a long day of battery with the GN2 or the HTC one battery is poor. My battery today with moderate use and the majority of the day on Wifi has been pretty poor. I'm sitting at 7hrs and 24mins and already down to 34%. Granted where I am located I am on 2g services this still isn't good as most here paint it to believe. I see folks talking about they get 20+ hours of B Life with "moderate-heavy" usage but I don't think thats right. Are there some Palm Pre guys that own the One now claiming astronomical battery life when in fact its very poor?

Well from my experience this phone does pretty well with battery life in 4G LTE coverage. From my Nexus 4, which wasn't that good for battery life, this is a very big improvement. Easily get through a full day with my HTC One and put it on the charger before bed with around 30% and 15 to 18 hours with moderate usage.

Sent from my HTC One

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Where are you that you have 2g ans you do do know that having a bad signal can affect battery life really bad.

Posted via Android Central App

downhillrider

May 17, 2013
Visit site
ive only had mine not even a full day but when I turned it on for the 1st time it was at probably 70%. that was at 3:30 PST. I used it pretty heavily, installing/trying apps and I had to plug it in at about 10:30 in the evening. I'll get a better sample tomorrow but it seems ok so far for me.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So yeah, after all the praise it seems as if im either just accustomed to a long day of battery Iith the GN2 or the HTC one battery is poor. My battery today with moderate use and the majority of the day on Wifi has been pretty poor. I'm sitting at 7hrs and 24mins and already down to 34%. Granted where I am located I am on 2g services this still isn't good as most here paint it to believe. I see folks talking about they get 20+ hours of B Life with "moderate-heavy" usage but I don't think thats right. Are there some Palm Pre guys that own the One now claiming astronomical battery life when in fact its very poor?

I noticed that when I first got my phONE that I also didn't get good battery life, but after a couple weeks of charge cycles i started getting much longer usage times between charges.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I honestly think my battery life has gotten better over the first couple months. Maybe I'm just getting more used to it or have made adjustments to better manage the battery, but I seem to get longer out of it than I did early on.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
You're expecting it to be great on the first day, with you constantly using it?

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that when I first got my phONE that I also didn't get good battery life, but after a couple weeks of charge cycles i started getting much longer usage times between charges.

This! Between the batter getting several full charge cycles in, combined with the fact that on the first day you're probably using it WAY more than usual (gotta check out all those features, right?!), it'll get better. I was disappointed my first day as well, but it's improved quite a bit, both getting regular use and lasting through the full day.

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
If you have only just got the phone then you can't have charged it, so what do you expect? From the factory they only ever have minimal charge and like others have said, it takes a few cycles for the battery to settle down. Mine was not great for the first week but then it got steadily better.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
The thing is, you gotta look at screen on time. "moderate usage" doesn't mean jack in terms of something that can be compared from user to user. The One is capable of over 7 hours screen on time. That stands up pretty well to the Note II methinks.

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since launch.

Used it from 7am yesterday and forgot to charge it. Was at 35% this morning. 4 email accounts and occasional browsing.

Lat heavy usage it was good from 8am full 7pm and still had 15% left.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

devilmaycryvlp

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I dont really know about you guys but the battery life is poor. With power saving mode on and 10% brightness, no bluetooth wifi or gps, my battery drop 1% every 4 minutes browsing web.
Thats comparing to my old ip 4s which the battery capacity is only 1100 maH. It takes 6 minutes to drop 1%.
Btw this is my second htc one. I switched the first one with same problem but no help

BigHonu

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I honestly think my battery life has gotten better over the first couple months. Maybe I'm just getting more used to it or have made adjustments to better manage the battery, but I seem to get longer out of it than I did early on.

Same here.

LedZappa

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I dont really know about you guys but the battery life is poor. With power saving mode on and 10% brightness, no bluetooth wifi or gps, my battery drop 1% every 4 minutes browsing web.
Thats comparing to my old ip 4s which the battery capacity is only 1100 maH. It takes 6 minutes to drop 1%.
Btw this is my second htc one. I switched the first one with same problem but no help

You either have a bad app or unit. I drop as little as 1% an hour on power save mode. I couldn't believe it.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The thing is, you gotta look at screen on time. "moderate usage" doesn't mean jack in terms of something that can be compared from user to user. The One is capable of over 7 hours screen on time. That stands up pretty well to the Note II methinks.

Yes you are correct.."screen time" is the tell all when it comes to battery.

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
i have to have power save mode on all times now since i was losing battery pretty quick albeit coming from a former iphone user though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois