Text message issue

Esther Slay

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I have had my one for about a week now coming from an iphone 4s on AT&T. I am really loving this new phone but I am a little frustrated with the text messages. Is anyone else having an issue with laggy text loading and sending? For instance, I will get a new text and when I try to open it to read it in the stock messaging app, it takes at least 5-10 seconds before I can read the new message. The screen is white except for the phone number of the person texting me and the blue "thinking" circle, the contact information is even not there. Then it takes another 5-10 seconds for my response to show up in the converstaion after I have hit sent. Everything else on the phone works immediately with this one exception.

I am unsure if this is a problem just on my phone or if it is just how the one stock messaging app responds normally.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine loads up pretty much instantly. And that's with some conversations having a few thousand messages.

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I also came from iPhone and I'm on AT&T, I don't use the standard texting app much as I use Kik, but when I have used it there have no issues at all.

Esther Slay

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
After looking at it a little more, I think it may be just one contact. The others seem to work fine. The one contact is my husband (who I obviously text a lot!), and we have over 10,000 texts. I think I am going to have to delete some of the old texts in order to speed up the texting to him.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what the problem is... Delete those messages when you get a couple hundred.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
After looking at it a little more, I think it may be just one contact. The others seem to work fine. The one contact is my husband (who I obviously text a lot!), and we have over 10,000 texts. I think I am going to have to delete some of the old texts in order to speed up the texting to him.

Yep that will do it. Can just go into settings and have it delete anything over 3,000 and you'll be fine.

Michelle Lahue

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
All of my sent text are on the top and my received are all on the bottom. Can this be change and if so how? (Another thing about this phone is that it is a replacement phone sent to me from warranty department. had my first one for 30 days and the screen went black.)