Best SMS/MMS app for the One

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've always used GO, but others have recommended Chomp, Textra, and Pansi. Does anyone have any experience with any of the above mentioned? I like GO, but I was looking for something a little lighter.

Posted via Android Central App

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've used both Go and Chomps. I'm currently using Handcent. It's pretty close to Go but I think it might be lighter.

From my LG Optimus G E970

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Was using Handcent, but switched to Textra. Cleaner looking, faster, more elegant. I first used Go, but it was always at the top of battery usage even though I don't text near as much as IM.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Was using Handcent, but switched to Textra. Cleaner looking, faster, more elegant. I first used Go, but it was always at the top of battery usage even though I don't text near as much as IM.

Does Textra have ads?

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just installed Textra. You were not kidding about it being light and simple. Here's hoping that translated to smooth operation. Thanks for the suggestion.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How does Textra handle mms? Textra is made by same developers as Chomp which I just started using and like a lot.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

sparkly flea

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Recent Textra convert. Like much better than GO SMS (too cartoony, features I don't need or want). Simple, straight up and free...so far. Looked like the direction the Chomp developers were going so I skipped Chomp and went to this app. My favorite feature so far is assigning different text notification icon to different contacts.

willizen

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I like the stock HTC messenger. It does group mms, which is important to me. Seems to work just fine.

Posted via my HTC One

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I like the stock HTC messenger. It does group mms, which is important to me. Seems to work just fine.

Posted via my HTC One

One thing I forgot to mention is that the standard messaging app doesn't recognize custom labels from Google contacts. Go, Handcent and Textra do.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Posted via my HTC One

Same here. Always bounced back between Go and Handcent but I'm digging the stock HTC app. Also like the group messaging feature, and I really like the color theme on the top right of the colors menu. (They don't have theme names.)

Go is my backup and I still use it on occasion. Love their WP7 theme.

Posted via Android Central App

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I would absolutely love to just use the stock messaging app, but I am on Sprint, and for whatever reason when I send MMS the pictures are so small on the receiving end even when I have it set to the highest output setting. When I used Go and now use Chomp the pic quality is much better when sent. Also, when I send screen grabs on stock they come out blurry and distorted while on Go or Chomp they come out crisp and clean. Anyone else experience the same thing? I guess my questions and concerns are more targeted towards Sprint One users, but anyone please feel free to chime in.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I would absolutely love to just use the stock messaging app, but I am on Sprint, and for whatever reason when I send MMS the pictures are so small on the receiving end even when I have it set to the highest output setting.

I wonder if that is a result of the CDMA network.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure as Verizon does not yet have the phone so I have nobody else to compare with.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app