This isn't the biggest issue for me as I don't post a lot on instagram, but I noticed that every picture that I post ends up being uploaded pixelated and blurry. The pictures look amazing on my HTC one and in the filter screen, and in my gallery, but once I upload the quality is horrible. People are saying that this was fixed in the latest update but that is not the case, at least not for me. I have checked and unchecked the high quality image processing, and still nothing.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any resolution?
    06-09-2013 09:06 PM
    Yes, not only One users but also the S4 has this problem. Hope they solve it quick.

GS4 Love
    06-09-2013 09:20 PM
    I posted this a couple of weeks ago and theres a fix. Go to instagram settings, then click advanced settings and uncheck the picture quality one. Problem solved
    06-09-2013 11:46 PM
    I just posted a pic to Instagram from the One this morning. It was a close up shot of a coffee cup in my desk and the uploaded photo had over-sharpening, a lot.

I used a filter, so the uploaded pic was not the original. Has Instagram had issues with new phones regarding photo quality before?
    06-10-2013 12:07 AM
    I tried unchecking it and it still is really bad quality.. Seems to not be working for every One. Hopefully they can fix this soon in an update! Thanks for the reply.
    06-10-2013 07:15 PM
    I think there are other things at play. I have upload a few pics and not all them has that over-sharpening, specially ones without any filter, just the standard cropping.

Hopefully it is an Instagram issue that could be fixed with a quick update.
    06-12-2013 01:15 PM
    You're right. Out of the 5 I've tried to upload this week, 2 didn't have the blurriest and over sharpening. I wonder if its random or has to do with the picture itself. Definitely think it is an instagram issue. Again, I hope they update the app to fix this soon.
    Paul Bridgeman likes this.
    06-12-2013 08:10 PM
    Holy ****! It worked!! Ive been pissed for weeks cause I thought it was a S4 problem. Thanks man.

Yeah nevermind. It is not as bad as it was. But fine lines like stitching on shoes or anything that is not thick gets pixelated!! Why wont it work!!!
    07-15-2013 12:58 AM
    Hey guys, head over to my comment on the verge forums where I explain this issue and provide a workaround. You need to resize your images using a better interpolation method before importing them into instagram.

Instagram problem on Android, horrible quality on uploaded picture. | The Verge Forums
    essmaa17 and martyportier like this.
    08-01-2013 05:37 PM
    Instagram needs to fix this. I've had issues with Instagram on Android going back to my GS3.
    08-01-2013 05:58 PM
    I've seen this issue with all the Samsung GS models. It's more of an Android issue not specific to the GS4.
    08-01-2013 06:03 PM
    Hey guys, head over to my comment on the verge forums where I explain this issue and provide a workaround. You need to resize your images using a better interpolation method before importing them into instagram.

Instagram problem on Android, horrible quality on uploaded picture. | The Verge Forums
    I saw your comparison photos and it does make a great difference. Do you know other app like Resize that supports Lanczos 3 or other interpolation methods that is free or has a better interface?

The Play Store has tons of resizing apps but the descriptions of about 20 I just looked through didn't say which algorithm they use.
    08-02-2013 02:12 AM
    When I was doing my testing and figuring out a workaround for this problem, Resize is the only app I found but it's possible there are others. at $3 USD I think it's worth it. The interface can be a little confusing so I'm thinking of doing a video tutorial to show people how to set this up.
    08-02-2013 01:55 PM
    That solved it. Thanks
    08-10-2013 09:36 AM
    Does this apply to Iphones as well? I'm trying to find that 'advanced settings' option on my Iphone 3GS n' I can't...
    11-23-2013 11:25 AM