Just made the switch.

ghostjjl

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been an avid iPhone user since day one, however I have recently decided that buying new versions of the same phone had become tired. I bought the HTC One earlier this week and I can confidently say that I was a fool to wait this long to make the switch to Android.

At any rate since I am new to the android world, I was hoping I might be able to get some advice, apps or widgets I should definitely be using,or general tips and tricks.

Thanks in advance and I am glad to be here.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been an avid iPhone user since day one, however I have recently decided that buying new versions of the same phone had become tired. I bought the HTC One earlier this week and I can confidently say that I was a fool to wait this long to make the switch to Android.

At any rate since I am new to the android world, I was hoping I might be able to get some advice, apps or widgets I should definitely be using,or general tips and tricks.

Thanks in advance and I am glad to be here.

Welcome! You've made the right choice by switching over to android. It really depends on how YOU prefer your device to be set up.
Some users like the minimalist approach while others like to install custom launchers and pages of widgets. Most of the popular apps you enjoyed on iOS are also available on android but you will find the customization ability of android to be so much better!
You chose a great device in the ONE. I started with the S4 then went to the ONE but ended up back with the S4 after struggling for days of which one to keep. In the end, the S4 was better FOR ME but I would have also been happy keeping the ONE. Many people who have one or the other will talk crap about the other but although I have the S4 the ONE is also amazing, good choice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Congrats, hope you love it! Some tips in no particular order:

-Play around with widgets, they're fun!

- Explore all the options blinkfeed has, it can be surprisingly nice.

- Thoroughly explore the camera app and zoes... Lots of capabilities. Try editing photos.

- Go to Google images and do a filtered search for 1080x1920 images using keywords like 'mountain' or 'sky' or 'landscapes' for lots of wallpaper options, or try the app picspeed. Search the Google store for 'live wallpaper'.

- Use the trace keyboard option for awhile to see if you like it. Try the app Swiftkey to see how android lets you customize things like that which ios doesn't.

- Try Nova Launcher to see how thoroughly you can alter android without rooting. (Save this for when you start getting bored with the phone, or think you have thoroughly explored it)

-Try Google music all access because the special monthly rate is going away soon. (But remember to cancel if you don't like it.)

- Be sure to explore Google Now thoroughly.

That's it for now.....above all ENJOY :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech