Dead pixel :(

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
So the worst thing happened to me. I was going through my pictures, and noticed on a dark photo that I have a dead pixel. Now, I recently pulled my phone out of my pocket to find the screen was cracked, but that was some time ago. This dead pixel is on the opposite side of the screen. So I guess my question is, even with the cracked screen, would my phone be covered by the warranty? Also, to sum it up, this is only a month old M7.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So the worst thing happened to me. I was going through my pictures, and noticed on a dark photo that I have a dead pixel. Now, I recently pulled my phone out of my pocket to find the screen was cracked, but that was some time ago. This dead pixel is on the opposite side of the screen. So I guess my question is, even with the cracked screen, would my phone be covered by the warranty? Also, to sum it up, this is only a month old M7.

If the screen is cracked its more than likely on you sadly. You could call them and ask? Worst thing that could happen is they tell you no. OR maybe they will get you a quote to let you know how much it is to fix the screen entirely. Not sure if they offer the service for the HTC One. But my bets say that they do.

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

Are you sure it's a dead pixel or could it be a stuck pixel? Dead pixels are usually white whereas stuck pixels may be a certain color. I have a dead/stuck (I'm not 100% sure) pixel on my phone but it's barely noticeable. You can try Dead Pixel Detect And Fix and see if that fixes it but it didn't work on mine. I hope you get better results.

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
It's a pixel that flashes different colors on dark pictures. And it's been weeks since I cracked the screen. It's a single crack that is about 2" away from the pixel. I think the crack happened from pocket pressure

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like a defect in the screen to me... With the dead pixel and cracking maybe you could get a replacement with the screen being defective.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
If you have a crack and there is No evidence of dropping your phone on a corner or face plant you can see if they would replace with a defective screen.
My friend had a break that he returned 2 weeks after he got it and HTC said extreme heat then cold could stress the screen to crack.. It shouldn't but it could in a extreme situation.. It doesn't hurt to ask... Worst case scenario they say no.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I just think it strange that instead of a shattered screen like everyone else, it's a single perfect crack. That's why I believe it isn't my fault.

Not really all that strange. Something probably nicked the glass and caused a weak point. Then, pressure was applied which caused that weak point to expand to a full crack.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I've got terrible luck. I'll call them anyway, see how much a repair will cost.

I hear that HTC is pretty good about these things, so they probably will give you the benefit of the doubt as long as there's no damage to the rest of the phone.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

buzzhead

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Found a dead pixel and it's been just two days..it's white in color and shows up on all light colours..going in for a replacement tomorrow,hopefully it won't be a hassle!

Posted via Android Central App