Notification Shade in Lock Screen

tamaudio

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I'm a convert from the iPhone so please forgive stupid questions.

Is the notification shade supposed to be accessible from the lock screen? On my ONE it seems to be, although not all the time. I'll get an e-mail and I can swipe down to read the notification, then later I'll get a GV message or another e-mail and won't be able to swipe down to read the notification.

What's up?

Thanks

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The shade should always be accessible from the lock screen. You need to make sure, however, that each individual app is set to notify you on the shade.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I'm a convert from the iPhone so please forgive stupid questions.

Is the notification shade supposed to be accessible from the lock screen? On my ONE it seems to be, although not all the time. I'll get an e-mail and I can swipe down to read the notification, then later I'll get a GV message or another e-mail and won't be able to swipe down to read the notification.

What's up?

Thanks

This may or may not be the problem, but I have noticed, with my S3 anyway, that I have to be very careful about pulling the shade down on the lockscreen. I have noticed even the smallest movement to either side will cause the shade to not work.

tamaudio

May 31, 2013
Visit site
It's not that notifications aren't showing up, it's that I'm not getting the shade to pull down all the time. For instance, I get an e-mail; in the lock screen I try to pull down the shade, but it won't. I unlock the phone and am able to pull down the shade and view the notification.

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
you can't pull down the notification shade from the lock screen if the phone has security enabled. If you have a time delay before it requires a password, then you can pull down from the lock screen during that time, but not after it elapses. Wouldn't be very secure it you could access actionable notifications without unlocking the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX