WiFi Alerter

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to turn off the popup for WiFi connection that comes up when you try to access data with WiFi on and there are networks in range?

I was doing work in a data center so there are at least two dozen different networks that can be seen throughout the facility. However, they're pretty much all locked networks of course.

The annoyance comes in when I leave our room and the range of our WiFi. It constantly interrupts to tell me that there are WiFi networks available. Simple solution would be just to turn off WiFi, but there are some 4G dead spots in our room so I have to deal with it bouncing back and forth from 4G and horrible Sprint 3G. For now I've just been turning it on when in our room, but I'm in and out all day so that's bothersome as well.

Is there a way to exclude it suggesting certain access points? There are so many but eventually I could weed them out if that works.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Problem with that is you are leaving your wifi open or on and it uses extra battery trying to connect to the wifi network you did sign into. There is a really great app that will manage your wifi connectivity.. You can set it to use your wifi and if you move out of that range or location it turns off your wifi so you don't use battery. When you move back to your location.. Using GPS then it automatically turns on wifi and connects to your preferred network
The app is called wifimatic..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta