HTC One Youtube/Wifi Problems

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
A couple of days ago i purchased a HTC One. This is a big change coming from owning an S3 and a Note 2 but i am trying to get to grips with it. I am a guy that watches a lot of youtube videos but have found that the one can suddenly stop loading a video half way through or not load it at all. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? I never had this problem with either samsung device that i previously owned and still use the same broadband connection and router. Any advice would be appreciated :/

srdre

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely. This happens on several different routers and only on WiFi. I've tried everything as far as WiFi settings on my phone (power, connectivity, static ip, WiFi frequency) and also tinkered with the router itself (firmware, channel, frequency, qos is off). I tried to factory reset my phone which seemed to help for a few days but, that didn't seem to fix everything. If anyone has a solution, I would appreciate it.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Try going to a public wifi hotspot such as Mcdonalds or similar and see if the problem still exists. If it doesn't then you know it's something inside your home interfering. I have a netgear N900 router with 3 PC's, 3 phones, and a TV that run through it. Nothing stops, skips nor stutters during streaming now but the S3 I had (traded it in for the One) would do just as the OP described but only in my house. If I took it to Mcdonalds and used it there...I could use it all day long without one hiccup, but as soon as I got home trouble would start.

After intense trial and errors, it ended up being my cat 6 cable running from my modem to router. You would think my other peripherals would have cut out too, such as my TV, but they never did. My guess is that the line of sight between TV and router is unblocked with nothing to interfere. But it still didn't explain why my other phones never cut out. My biggest guess is that packets of information get lost at times during transmission between phone and router, especially if the signal is degraded between modem and router. Once I replaced the cat 6 cable, my S3 never had a problem.

1050 rat

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
A couple of days ago i purchased a HTC One. This is a big change coming from owning an S3 and a Note 2 but i am trying to get to grips with it. I am a guy that watches a lot of youtube videos but have found that the one can suddenly stop loading a video half way through or not load it at all. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? I never had this problem with either samsung device that i previously owned and still use the same broadband connection and router. Any advice would be appreciated :/

Had the same problem which was driving me nuts. I found that the flash player version I was running was not the latest. You need to download the latest and restart your HTC One.

First you need to go into settings to allow the installation of "untrusted" 3rd party apps otherwise the next step will fail.

Download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from here http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.63/install_flash_player_ics.apk

Restart HTC One by pressing and holding down the power key and choosing restart option.

Test on Youtube and enjoy !

Hope this helps !!

Cheers

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem which was driving me nuts. I found that the flash player version I was running was not the latest. You need to download the latest and restart your HTC One.

First you need to go into settings to allow the installation of "untrusted" 3rd party apps otherwise the next step will fail.

Download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from here http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.63/install_flash_player_ics.apk

Restart HTC One by pressing and holding down the power key and choosing restart option.

Test on Youtube and enjoy !

Hope this helps !!

Cheers

If you're going to try this method, I'd use a method endorsed by AC.

How to manually install Adobe Flash Player on your Android device | Android Central