I gave it two weeks

malikshuman

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Zoom out your screens like your adding a widget. Press and hold the screen you want to be the default homescreen and drag it to the top left where it says "set as home". Then just never scroll all the way to the left and youll never see it. I personally like blinkfeed though

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I don't understand why everyone hates blinkfeed I really like it it gives me news about phones internet sports is the main one world news fb and Twitter posts and pics? Don't get the hate ...

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I don't understand why everyone hates blinkfeed I really like it it gives me news about phones internet sports is the main one world news fb and Twitter posts and pics? Don't get the hate ...

I thought I would like it but it's not up to date. I can refresh it and then look at facebook and it's way behind. Waste of time.

das borgen

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I thought I would like it but it's not up to date. I can refresh it and then look at facebook and it's way behind. Waste of time.

it's much much better for other things... I haven't even thought of using it for twitter and/or facebook at all (even though I knew going in I could do so).. I use it exclusively for soccer, motorsports, NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL along with tech news

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
it's much much better for other things... I haven't even thought of using it for twitter and/or facebook at all (even though I knew going in I could do so).. I use it exclusively for soccer, motorsports, NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL along with tech news

I tried it for news, but the amount of text it showed made it nearly unusable to browse headlines. I'd see a horribly cropped image of half a Windows Phone and the words "Microsoft and Google ar..." Which is useless.

Switched to Nova and back to Feedly for news. Couldn't be happier.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Blinkfeed is one of those things that is definitely hit and miss with each individual. Before I flashed sense 5 to my DNA, I was thrilled to try Blinkfeed. Upon actually having it, I think it's nifty, but I wish it was removable just in case I end up not liking it. Reminds me a lot of iOS' search screen to the left.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Blinkfeed is one of those things that is definitely hit and miss with each individual. Before I flashed sense 5 to my DNA, I was thrilled to try Blinkfeed. Upon actually having it, I think it's nifty, but I wish it was removable just in case I end up not liking it. Reminds me a lot of iOS' search screen to the left.

Yeah I wish it were removable too but honestly there's too many other nagging issues with Sense 5's launcher that compel me to use a 3rd party launcher (primarily the ridiculous app drawer/adding apps to homescreens situation and the spacing of icons on the homescreen). I love HTC and there are things I also love about Sense...I just need a bit more customizability than I think HTC is willing to concede for the time being =/

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I wish it were removable too but honestly there's too many other nagging issues with Sense 5's launcher that compel me to use a 3rd party launcher (primarily the ridiculous app drawer/adding apps to homescreens situation and the spacing of icons on the homescreen). I love HTC and there are things I also love about Sense...I just need a bit more customizability than I think HTC is willing to concede for the time being =/

I know what you mean. I'm a hard core customizer. Nova is my preferred launcher of choice, but for the time being, I am enjoying sense 5 in all of it's glory. Soon, though.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried blinkfeed for a day and hated it. Can't customize. Worse yet is that it's only a storefront for apps like Facebook and twitter. It has to take you over to those apps to tweet, like or reply. Flipboard by comparison lets you interact without taking you into the individual apps and it's completely customizable.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Lol its like apple and iphone. People just go along with what other people are saying/doing. They discredit blinkfeed before they take time and customize it to what their interests are but then they'll go spend the time to flash a new ROM and root their phones

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Lol its like apple and iphone. People just go along with what other people are saying/doing. They discredit blinkfeed before they take time and customize it to what their interests are but then they'll go spend the time to flash a new ROM and root their phones

Except for people who do give it a chance and find they don't like it.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about Blinkfeed is the fact that we can only have five home screens and it takes up one of them.

I never used seven like on previous phones but five was the sweet spot. Now basically stuck with only four.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean. I'm a hard core customizer. Nova is my preferred launcher of choice, but for the time being, I am enjoying sense 5 in all of it's glory. Soon, though.

Hey Jen, did you root your dna yet? Or did they push Sense5 OTA? Just curious

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I also hate Blinkfeed. But I just installed Nova launcher and got rid of sense as a whole. Follow me and do the same thing! :p

grgiwoyna

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I like Blinkfeed. The primary issue I have with it is the limitation of the sites it allows you to add as opposed to being able to choose the exact sites I want on my feed.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I like Blinkfeed. The primary issue I have with it is the limitation of the sites it allows you to add as opposed to being able to choose the exact sites I want on my feed.

I can understand that they should of added more news sources and customization options for blinkfeed with the 422 update

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon