Conclusion on the HTC One

Ian Bennett

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently owned a galaxy s4. I loved that phone so much but it had one major problem for me.....battery life. I took it back to best buy and got the HTC One. I absolutely love this phone....everything about this phone is great except for battery life.....it's 3x worse than the galaxy s4's battery....honestly I am taking it back tonight and getting my galaxy s4 back. The HTC is a nice phone but after owning it for a single day I already want to switch back. The outside on the body is becoming very warn down and I baby my phones. It gets very hot and I've noticed after a while of getting hot it starts to smell like burning electronics...I went to best buy and asked about all my problems and they told me that everyone is reporting the same problems...the camera isn't good at all......it's ok but nothing great here...the build quality is ok...everyone talks about how great it is but it kind of sucks....my galaxy s4 had much better build quality....I love this phone but in my opinion the galaxy s4 is a much better phone. Thank you for your time.

Posted via Android Central App

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I think the downfall is there build quality I own the one and the s4 and my daily driver is the one, my batt is better and s4 reads hotter even though my one feels hotter the ones aluminum absorbs the heat where plastic don't there for your s4 internals are taking more heat but no matter what best but says you may have a bad unit wich there is a lot of

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So the outside is worn down after one day? And you can tell how the battery life is going to do after one day? It probably spent a great deal of power during initial setup and sync. I've spent a lot of time talking to people at BB and AT&T and none of them suggested any such problems. Sounds like you either got a defective unit or you haven't spent enough time with it.

But whatever, man. Good luck on your quest.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Does not sound like you gave it a fair shot. It takes a few days for the battery to really burn it self in. I have had mine for sometime now and I love it. It lasts me all day with out a problem. No heating issues either. I guess it could have been a bad unit but who knows. Good luck with your S4.

cc7211

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the only purpose of his post is to bash htc one. Did he really ever own htc one even for one second ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I recently owned a galaxy s4. I loved that phone so much but it had one major problem for me.....battery life. I took it back to best buy and got the HTC One. I absolutely love this phone....everything about this phone is great except for battery life.....it's 3x worse than the galaxy s4's battery....honestly I am taking it back tonight and getting my galaxy s4 back. The HTC is a nice phone but after owning it for a single day I already want to switch back. The outside on the body is becoming very warn down and I baby my phones. It gets very hot and I've noticed after a while of getting hot it starts to smell like burning electronics...I went to best buy and asked about all my problems and they told me that everyone is reporting the same problems...the camera isn't good at all......it's ok but nothing great here...the build quality is ok...everyone talks about how great it is but it kind of sucks....my galaxy s4 had much better build quality....I love this phone but in my opinion the galaxy s4 is a much better phone. Thank you for your time.

Yeah really if your phones like that after one day you either have a defective phone or you are on your phone 24 hours a day climbing a mountain in Africa

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

rober7o

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it either but I guess it would help if there was an "Official" thread.

No. it wouldn't help, these threads just need to stop all together. We have a bugs thread full of people who have issues and seek help and thats clearly not OP.

To OP: you used a phone for one day and judged battery life, apparently you don't know anything about smartphones. I suggest you leave the s4 as well and get an iphone like every other uninformed consumer. One last little thing..fyi.. nobody cares if you didn't like the phone, we do.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not normally the kind of person to believe what I'm about to say, but I've found the battery on my HTC One to get quite a bit better over the weeks I've owned it.

grgiwoyna

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not normally the kind of person to believe what I'm about to say, but I've found the battery on my HTC One to get quite a bit better over the weeks I've owned it.

I've found this to be the case with mine, as well (with a bit of tweaking learning to turn certain features off that I'm not using). Burning electronics smell aside, I think most will agree that one day of use for a device like this simply isn't enough to form a concrete opinion on battery performance. If the device isn't for you it's not for you, simple as that. However, twenty-four hours isn't giving it a fair shake.

Ian Bennett

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tookit back and they told me it was a faulty unit and they also smelled the burning electronics. I got another htc one to see if its any better and its a billion times better

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I tookit back and they told me it was a faulty unit and they also smelled the burning electronics. I got another htc one to see if its any better and its a billion times better

Just don't confuse that smell with the smell of new electronics. There's nothing like it. Getting a new motherboard, opening up the package and taking a whiff is one of my favorite things.

Okay, so I'm a little weird...:p

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
You can judge a phones battery life based off one day.. First of all you need to let it die at least 2x then charge it back up so it collaborated based on my learnings from reading the forums. Battery increased after a day or 2.

My brother had a s4 I have a one and we have both gone on trips etc Fyi they are both on at&t network and based on our testing of moderate use while on vacation my battery lasted a good 8-10% longer. So not sure how this guy is testing. Love the phone and I have no issues.. Does feel hotter then s4 due to aluminum but doesn't mean the internals get hotter...

How is this guy saying the build quality on the s4 is better?? Majority of people on the forums and even tech blogs all clearly state the one is the winner when it comes to build quality.. I'm sure 90% of the people are not wrong who think the one is better build quality.

However everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think this guy is here just trolling.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I know...

The build quality argument has been beat to death. For me i really like The One, i think the quality of build is great and i love the premium materials used. It was icing on the cake for me and part of the reason i went with The One.

Now with that said I really like the build of the Galaxy s4. Samsung puts out quality products and seem to pay attention to detail. Sure both sides will have their defects and bugs, its to be expected. I like the feel of the Htc One, love it actually but thats my preference. Others like the feel of the S4 and you know what thats okay too. I dont know, just how i see it i guess