problems transfering music from my htc one to my computer win7

biln

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to transfer my .mp3 files to my computer running win7 just to have my music backed up. I do not want to use a cloud service or anything just my computer. they seem to transfer fine to my older laptop running windows vista, but using win7 only the first 127kb of the file transfer over. I even tried transferring my pics over to my win7 computer to back them up and they all appeared grayed out. but I transferred my pics to my windows vista computer and they were fine, so it seems to be a win7 issue. I do not understand what it could be. but I really want to transfer my stuff to my win7 desktop computer and not my old win vista laptop. anyone have this issue or have any help?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you just plugging your phone into your PC and copying the file using no software such as HTC sync? Sounds to me like your windows 7 USB drivers are borked. Try downloading the USB drivers from your PC's manufacturer's website or if it's homebuilt, download USB drivers for your motherboard from it's website.

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Definitely a driver issue, although they are based on Vista drivers, those Win7 puppies are usually different and not compatible between the two systems. Does the phone show up correctly (ie HTC One) or does it show as something else, like Android Device or MTP?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Win 7 laptop and just tried it...It worked. It works on my Win 8 desktop too, so it's definitely a driver error, or, you're trying something different than I. I plug the phone in, hit Start/Computer, then scroll down to HTC One...From there I Double click it, open Storage/Music then drag and drop to whatever folder I want. I do back my music up to 3, 1Tb portable hard drives that hold music only. I almost ready for my fourth drive. Losing it would hurt.

biln

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
It does say HTC one under "my computer". Yes I do just plug the phone in and try to copy. I installed HTC sync, when I start it up I get a bsod and comp restarts. I wonder if it's because it's a 64 bit windows.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
biln: I recommend you run an error check, i.e, chkdsk on your machine's hard disk to make sure the disk drive is healthy. Also, use CCleaner, or something equivalent, to clean up your registry on that computer. The problems you are describing sounds like your computer is badly in need of a tune up.

Just my opinion: I would uninstall HTC Sync software. I find no use for it on a WIndows machine. It just gets in the way of the OS and there are much better ways of doing things. I really wish HTC had not included this junk for people to install.

timmyleeturner

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me. Uninstall HTC Sync and all of a sudden the HTC Directory appeared where I can exchange files. Before that I could not access that option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech