Speakers not as loud on my unit?

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had the 32GB unlocked One basically since it became available in the US. Before that, I had the AT&T model. On both phones, the speakers sounded great and were loud enough to hear, but not extremely loud like some people are claiming. If I turn on the loudspeaker in the car I struggle to hear it just like I would with any other phone. It doesnt sound noticeably louder than other phones I have, just clearer. Is my unit defective? Is there a way to increase the max speaker volume?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine is the same way. Quality is there but it's not very loud. Hardly Boom-like loud. It's loud for games but not music.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had the 32GB unlocked One basically since it became available in the US. Before that, I had the AT&T model. On both phones, the speakers sounded great and were loud enough to hear, but not extremely loud like some people are claiming. If I turn on the loudspeaker in the car I struggle to hear it just like I would with any other phone. It doesnt sound noticeably louder than other phones I have, just clearer. Is my unit defective? Is there a way to increase the max speaker volume?

Yea I compared my ONE with my GS4. The quality is better on the ONE but the volume is louder on the GS4. Of course in turning up my ONE's speakers to around 90 percent I noticed the popping sound. Going to have to exchange again lol

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea I compared my ONE with my GS4. The quality is better on the ONE but the volume is louder on the GS4. Of course in turning up my ONE's speakers to around 90 percent I noticed the popping sound. Going to have to exchange again lol

I have both and you're right about the volume being louder on the S4 but obviously not as good. Hopefully they will allow the volume to be increased in the next update.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I can confirm that mine does not seem to have any popping sounds that I notice. I'd exchange it too. Let us know how the new model holds up!

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I can go to 100% without popping/cracking. Has anyone here done any tweaks to increase the max volume?

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that mine does not seem to have any popping sounds that I notice. I'd exchange it too. Let us know how the new model holds up!

I will. I originally picked it up Saturday night and noticed the original had the issue where the top of the screen sticks out. I tried to ignore it but every time I pulled the notification bar down It would catch my finger. Exchanged yesterday for a new one and now it has the speaker issue. I know all devices have their defective units in a batch but 2 in a row kind of sucks. Oh well I will just try another one:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan