If HTC releases the stock android rom, do you need to root your phone to use it?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So I'm probably going to start saving for the HTC one, but I'm unsure if going wi the carrier sense 5 version is going to be best, there's a rumor htc might put out the stock android rom, but am I going to have to root my phone to put that on? I really don't want to root or hack my phone. I just don't want to deal with that.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So I'm probably going to start saving for the HTC one, but I'm unsure if going wi the carrier sense 5 version is going to be best, there's a rumor htc might put out the stock android rom, but am I going to have to root my phone to put that on? I really don't want to root or hack my phone. I just don't want to deal with that.

You can root right now to have stock android rom if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

?We?re currently examining the best way to support early adopters of the One if they want an AOSP ROM, but we don?t have anything to announce yet,? a company spokesperson told TechnoBuffalo. The statement suggests that current HTC One owners may be able to convert their smartphones via a future download. This could be great news for international One owners since the Google Edition will only be sold in the U.S. (at least at launch).

Full article here: HTC Considering Google Edition Download for Current HTC One Owners | TechnoBuffalo

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If the Htc One were lagging or over bloated i might consider this but as it stands Nope...

I wouldnt sacrifice the features you get on the One to go pure google. I'm rocking ADW.ex launcher and keeping my sense features and Zooper widget is currently giving me all the customizing i need. Sure i'll get board at some point and root but meh For now i like what sense offers

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
If the Htc One were lagging or over bloated i might consider this but as it stands Nope...

I wouldnt sacrifice the features you get on the One to go pure google. I'm rocking ADW.ex launcher and keeping my sense features and Zooper widget is currently giving me all the customizing i need. Sure i'll get board at some point and root but meh For now i like what sense offers

but im asking if I NEED to root to use the Stock ROM if they release it? id rather not root or hack my phone if I can help it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy