Will carrier or HTC replace for....

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The no SIM error? I did not have this problem for a while but it is happening so much now that it is really becoming a nuisance. I don't want to use a piece of tape or have to keep restarting my phone. I just want the phone to work as it is supposed to and not have this issue. Some people don't have this issue at all so I don't believe it is with every phone. I've taken the phone to Sprint and reset my phone twice and the problem is still here. Anyone have theirs replaced for this issue?

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
While i wouldn't say this effects all models it sure seems to be a recurring issue for many user's

You have insurance? Bottom line is if you're insured and have a faulty device they have to fix it. What i do recommend is documentation. If you ever have to go in to Sprint / Best Buy / Radio Shack ect then get written proof that they tried to resolve your issues. Just helps prove a claim is necessary if they try and give you a hard time.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
The no SIM error? I did not have this problem for a while but it is happening so much now that it is really becoming a nuisance. I don't want to use a piece of tape or have to keep restarting my phone. I just want the phone to work as it is supposed to and not have this issue. Some people don't have this issue at all so I don't believe it is with every phone. I've taken the phone to Sprint and reset my phone twice and the problem is still here. Anyone have theirs replaced for this issue?

Why wouldn't they, you are still under warranty. No need to use your insurance for this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

What does it do? Does it just disconnect from the network or do you get an error with "No SIM"?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It gives me a no SIM error and then I can't do anything with the phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Oh yeah that would annoy the hell out of me! So I can not blame you for that. Have you returned it yet? Also is this a known issue? CDMA only? Sorry for the 100 questions!

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah that would annoy the hell out of me! So I can not blame you for that. Have you returned it yet? Also is this a known issue? CDMA only? Sorry for the 100 questions!

Definitely a known issue. I think it is amongst all carriers. Some people never experience it, some do. They are work around like putting tape on the card, but I want the phone to work correctly without doing that. It happens so often now that often even a restart won't fix the problem when it used to work every time. I want a new phone and not a refurbished one, but at this point I'd just be happy with one that doesn't have this issue.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I posted this on another thread saying it might just be SIM card too because my One is unlocked and got a T-Mobile and comparing to my Bell & Rogers T-Mobile looks thinner?

Have you tried asking Sprint if they can just replace the SIM tray?

Depending how long you had it, you might have to settle for Refurbished but try dealing with the manager/supervisor at Sprint.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That's not a bad idea. I would almost rather than have to get a refurb. On second thought, maybe a refurb would not have this problem?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
That's not a bad idea. I would almost rather than have to get a refurb. On second thought, maybe a refurb would not have this problem?

Chances are good that they have a new shipment. plus no unit is guaranteed to be perfect. Even if you wanted one HTC might just send a new one. Not sure how they are handling the replacements from within yet.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke with the guy that was at the Sprint store that I took my phone to about this problem when it first started happening. I explained that the problem has gotten worse and that it is happening even more now. He told me to bring it in tomorrow so he can document that it was looked at and that as long as there are not cracks or water damage he can replace it. He will most likely have to order a phone and it will take two days to get to the store, but he is willing to swap it out for a new one. I will ask him tomorrow if it will be new or a refurb.

BigHonu

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the same error and got my SIM card replaced at AT&T with no problems. Took all of 5 minutes or so.

So far, I've only had the error come back once (been about 2 weeks). If it persists the rep said it may he a phone issue.