falling out of love with the HTC one :(

buzzyclonecattleman

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually, no. The One was released in Europe well ahead of the S4 and at least a full week ahead of the S4 in the US. I would know because I bought my first One before the S4 came out and then bought the S4 within my 14 day remorse period.

It's well known that HTC ran into component production issues which forced a staggered global release cycle that did not adhere to planned dates. Samsung even upped their estimate of 5/1. Here I could buy and S4 on April 24th and couldn't buy an HTC One until Mid-May.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It's well known that HTC ran into component production issues which forced a staggered global release cycle that did not adhere to planned dates. Samsung even upped their estimate of 5/1. Here I could buy and S4 on April 24th and couldn't buy an HTC One until Mid-May.

I bought my One at AT&T 2 days after launch which was at least a week before the S4 was available.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
1. TouchWiz is too "different" than stock android for my tastes. Sense 5.0 is pretty much the same interface only with blinkfeed as one of the panels (and you don't even have to make it your home screen). There are some differences with the menu structure and minor things, but I love the clean feel of it. Touchwiz feels like it permeates every corner of the interface. The sickly green color that Samsung likes to sprinkle everywhere in their interface is ugly as hell IMO.

2. AMOLED is still too punchy, to vibrant, too oversaturated, and whites still aren't "white". The HTC screen is incredible. Blacks are SUPER black - only barely less than AMOLED. The Samsung screen isn't even CLOSE to bright enough in direct sunlight. I can't believe I dealt with it on the Galaxy Nexus as long as I did!

3. The GS4 has quite a bit more lag all around. Not much else to say, but it felt like driving ICS on the Galaxy Nexus, somewhat.

4. I don't like that Samsung phones always have some kind of protrusion on the back for the camera. It just feels sloppy to me, and doesn't feel good in the hand.

5. There is absolutely no comparison on audio. The speakers on the One are about the only ones I've ever used on a top-billed phone that beat the iphone for loudness or clarity. The GS4 sports the same awful tiny speaker with compromised location that so many previous Samsungs have. It hasn't gotten better with age.
I agree 100%. Well stated.

I'm willing to bet that the GS5 is going to be a One wannabe. They've already mentioned using an aluminum body.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have both phones and I still prefer the one over the S4. I like both of them but I hardly use the S4, it just sits on my desk most of the time.

I'll be happy to take that "paperweight" from you. Really!
I'm in the market for a new phone, and the HTC One or the Galaxy S4 will be that phone, I just can't make up my mind on which phone :banghead:
But if you don't need or want that GS4 you got, well, you can send it my way :D
Please let me know.

"If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!"
~Doctor Who.

markthegreat123

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I had a galaxy s2, then an s4 which I ended up selling a week ago and getting HTC One. I'm definitely glad I switched.

Galaxy s4 is a great device but too similar to s2, features are bordering on silly, user interface is more cluttered (due to features) and the lag is just awful and even unacceptable for such a high end device. I was never one to worry about build quality but after owning the One I am really appreciating how premium it feels. For me it's a much better all round experience.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

MyHTC8MyS4

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I had a galaxy s2, then an s4 which I ended up selling a week ago and getting HTC One. I'm definitely glad I switched.

Galaxy s4 is a great device but too similar to s2, features are bordering on silly,
That's one of the reasons why my s4 got the boot. Many so-called features are just fluff, gimmicks and party tricks. The One feels like a much more premium device.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you care too much what other people think about what phone you use... Perhaps Apple would be the better choice for you until you figure out that phones aren't really an extension of who you are...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

I don't have an iPhone for fitting in. Stupid comment is stupid.

Posted via Android Central App

Hardyboy001

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I had so many people talking me just for my phone, they think is so sexy and neat

and I dont care if Samsung or iphone has more phones and space in Bestbuy, I know I have the best phone out there and I dont looks like everyones else with the same phone
plus Im happy with the camera quality (I have the SG4 in my house and 3 HTC ONE, and we are more happy with the photo quality on the ONE than the G4, just need to learn how to use the setting on the camera, simple like that...

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I had so many people talking me just for my phone, they think is so sexy and neat

and I dont care if Samsung or iphone has more phones and space in Bestbuy, I know I have the best phone out there and I dont looks like everyones else with the same phone
plus Im happy with the camera quality (I have the SG4 in my house and 3 HTC ONE, and we are more happy with the photo quality on the ONE than the G4, just need to learn how to use the setting on the camera, simple like that...

Best phone is opinionated. I think my iPhone 5 and Nexus 4 are the best phones.

Posted via Android Central App

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
You just convinced me what I've been debating.
Love my note 2.
Trade even with an s4.. seek and buy the s4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia