I need your opinion please...

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Greetings my friendly AC One owners!

I need your opinion. I'm looking for some apps and I can't seem to find them. So your recommendations are greatly needed!

1) A good default music/video player! I need an all in one app for this. I have done some research but I must admit....I have no idea where to start.

2) A good lock screen app. The default HTC One is just not good IMO. Something that is secure would be helpful. AKA no pressing the home key to unlock my phone.

3) Calendar app with a great widget! I love the stock app but the widgets are just awful. I use my calendar everyday so this must be a key app.

4) Widget packs. I already have beautiful and HD widgets. Am I missing any other good packs?

5) Toilet time apps!. Anything that is entertainment! Games, news apps and so on.

Now I'm willing to buy apps so really don't limit it to just free apps. If you know of any apps please let me know!

Thanks,
CJ

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can comment on number 3. I've been a huge fan of Wizz Widgets calendar. It is pretty awesome :)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
G.

3) Calendar app with a great widget! I love the stock app but the widgets are just awful. I use my calendar everyday so this must be a key app.

4) Widget packs. I already have beautiful and HD widgets. Am I missing any other good packs?

CJ

I use HD Widgets too---assuming we are talking about the same thing.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=cloudtv.hdwidgets&token=BGwENxMK

This is the Calendar widget I like (it integrates with Google):

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....eggenstein.android.calwidget2&token=LiZqakLy

It is resizeable, I can display the agenda in any length I wish on the home screen, so I always have my appointments in front of me. It works great and is highly customizable. The pictures they give do not do justice to how effective this can be as an Agenda, or how good it can look.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This is why I love you guys! Great choices guys. Tonight I will take a look at them! Feel free to add in to the thread! :)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Widget locker for lock screen is a pretty killer app and Flipboard for news. Flipboard has been my toilet reader since its inception!!

Auto screen on is the bomb. It uses the proximity sensor to turn on your phone without hitting the power button.! Saves wear and tear.

Wullie32

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Widget Locker is one of the best and most essential apps on the platform imo.

As far as casual games go, I can't look past the Where's My Water/Perry/Mickey series if I could only recommend one.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Widget Locker is one of the best and most essential apps on the platform imo.

As far as casual games go, I can't look past the Where's My Water/Perry/Mickey series if I could only recommend one.

Does this till have the bug where if you hit your home button it by passes your pin?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I use to love widget locker when i had my Evo OG

Just seemed like it was way to buggy though. Forced my screen to wake every time i plugged in. Many times it seemed confused...It would show my old lock screen, i'd unlock then it would show widget locker screen. To many times it just wouldnt function optimally. To bad because i would like to love it. I always install when i get new phones but revert back soon after.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I've tried them all over the years. I've learned not to arbitrarily download an app until I NEED it, even if I've purchased it in the past.

I use Poweramp for music, simply because it's the best player out there and updates regularly. I'm not even using the equalizer now because Beats Audio sounds just fine.
I'm not a huge video watcher, so I can't suggest a video player. I use a 65" LED for video.

For a lock screen app, I'm using the stock productivity screen. It brings up my email, text, calendar appointments, and voicemail instantly, and doesn't hog the battery. Hard to beat that last part.

I am using the stock HTC calendar for once. I've tried most of them in the past, especially when running a different launcher. HTC makes a nice calendar, and always have. Since I'm using Sense 5, it kinda' makes sense to use their calendar.

Widget packs....I've given up. I own BW, HD Widgets, and one other I can't think of off the top of my head. They didn't come close to Sense 3.5 as far as the clocks and weather went, so I gave up on those too. I used to configure my phone 50 ways to Sunday once a week, but not anymore.

Toilet apps...Blinkfeed does a pretty good job for me.

Damn, I'm getting old...

Last edited:

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I use stock player for music but for video I use BS Player (free version), mainly because it will browse and play directly from my network drive but also because it can handle just about every format. It also has cool swipe areas on screen so you can adjust volume, brightness and skip forward/back without having to bring up a menu. It does play audio too but I have not tried it for that.

Look at Android Pro Widgets (APW). Gives a nice set of matching widgets for calendar, Facebook, twitter, SMS, contacts and bookmarks. The free version has some customisation but the paid version also allows you to apply themes and use a timeline widget that combines your various feeds into one.

Toilet time is for erm, well, going to the toilet. I hope you drop your phone.