06-30-2018 11:57 PM
46 12
tools
    It's done it to me with 4 sets of ear phones,so somethings wrong
    10-22-2016 08:50 PM
    Thanks, but I don't have searh icon on any screen and can not shake his thing.It's Iike a bad cold.
    10-22-2016 08:55 PM
    Hey,sorry for popping in again but the only way I found was to shut "Google" off as a device assistant. It worked. At least for now.But what a royal pain in the a**! Any way,
    Thanks for all your input much appreciated. JL
    10-22-2016 10:03 PM
    I have turned off every thing it's and it's still does it on my phone and tablet,Google sould be talking about it.Every one's having this problem.
    10-26-2016 08:51 PM
    I am having tube same problem as Allen. I am soo frustrated with it please help. I count on my music to get me trough the day!!
    11-20-2016 03:17 PM
    If you dont want to disable everything that has to do with the Google app, you can just go to the Google apps permissions and uncheck the microphone permissions that google has. It worked for me.
    I have tried this and it worked for a bit but then i would get notifs from google trying to get me to open the app and give them the permission again
    11-21-2016 06:35 AM
    Never mind....

I think I have inadvertently discovered two issues-
    - The audio cable must have a fault of some sort making the phone think it has a button-headset connected
    - Jelly Bean apparently has locked the long-press function of a headset to launch Google Now

I'm guessing that the audio cable is shorting something, making the phone think it is getting various commands including a "long-press" thus launching the voice search. This is a guess but is the only thing I can figure out that makes any sense.

I'd still like to know if there is any way to disable voice search. Turning Google Now off did not fix the problem...

/r

Allen
    I'm having the same problem. Have you found a way to fix it?
    11-25-2016 11:33 PM
    I have had various different phones over the past year and they all seem to do this except my HTC desire 610. It seems to happen mostly when I'm driving and have my phone plugged into the car stereo. Looking back over the threads it seems to have been happening for a few years now. My question is why has it not been fixed? It really grinds my gears 😠
    12-20-2016 03:25 AM
    It's a headphones bug with Android.
    I have the same issue.

You can't have "iPhone" optimized headphones.
    01-15-2017 10:55 AM
    I was having the same issues and boy was it annoying. I finally got it to stop by disabling google text to speak engine on going to apps and going to all apps. Low and beyond i dont feel like throwing my phone out my car window. Hope this helps someone else.
    02-10-2017 10:57 AM
    Well, that is very annoying problem.
    I fixed that on my phone Moto G, through going to applications - Google App - permissions.
    Then uncheck the microphone permission.
    Hope it works for you guys!
    03-03-2017 06:15 PM
    okay yeah I have noticed that a lot of people are having problems with the Google app voice search automatically opening while their headset is plugged in usually it is because some headsets have a microphone so you can answer phone calls and speak while you are wearing them a lot of people have only been able to stop this by getting rid of the Google app widget at the top of the screen but the best way to permanently take care of this and not have to remove anything go to SETTINGS> APPS> GOOGLE APP> RE WRITE SYSTEM SETTINGS; & SWITCH IT OFF. This will take care of the problem for good without requiring to remove, force stop, disable or any other actions that will either turn off or make the all and some others not work properly. I hope I was able to be of help a lot of people having trouble with this. SO JUST TURN OFF THE RE WRITE SYSTEM SETTINGS OPTION IN YOUR GOOGLE APP SETTING.
    03-13-2017 08:43 AM
    okay yeah I have noticed that a lot of people are having problems with the Google app voice search automatically opening while their headset is plugged in usually it is because some headsets have a microphone so you can answer phone calls and speak while you are wearing them a lot of people have only been able to stop this by getting rid of the Google app widget at the top of the screen but the best way to permanently take care of this and not have to remove anything go to SETTINGS> APPS> GOOGLE APP> RE WRITE SYSTEM SETTINGS; & SWITCH IT OFF. This will take care of the problem for good without requiring to remove, force stop, disable or any other actions that will either turn off or make the all and some others not work properly. I hope I was able to be of help a lot of people having trouble with this. SO JUST TURN OFF THE RE WRITE SYSTEM SETTINGS OPTION IN YOUR GOOGLE APP SETTING.
    I'm on a Nexus 6P, and can tell you that this does not work. It's hard to test, because the stupid Google voice assistant seems to turn on randomly when you plug in a headset, but in any case, it still happens to me, the only difference being it says it can't access the app (or something similar) because I've blocked the permissions.

Still annoying as f, though. Why won't Google let us disable this?
    07-20-2017 04:00 AM
    I was having the same problem, it was so much irritating , I tried everything what everyone said on this forum, still problem was not going away, After mingling with everything in settings I went into accessibility in which I choose long option for Touch and hold delay, it worked, wish it will solve your problem too.
    08-15-2017 08:28 AM
    Any time I have my new headphones plugged into my phone and I try to do anything with it except listen to music Google Assistant turns on and the volume settings on my phone start changing at random. I tried deleting the widget for voice activated Google search but I'm still having the same problem. Any suggestions?
    10-08-2017 09:07 PM
    Hi

Just for this topic i made a account.

The app also opens on certain key frases i think.
    On a tv show i recorded they said . "Ive broken every rule of god and man tonight" and the app opens like 8/10 times.
    Had the same with gunshots it sometimes opens.

Crazy stuff
    11-16-2017 09:58 PM
    hey everybody,

i've been experiencing this very very very annoying issue. Whilst listening to music at the gym, (i.e. Only when i have headphones connected), google voice search will just randomly launch and interrupt my music. Meaning i have to fish my phone out of my pocket, close it, restart my music... You can imagine how frustrating that gets whilst trying to work up a sweat!

Anyway - having searched everywhere for an answer, i noticed lots of people have the same problem. Disabling google voice search in settings: Language & input does not work.

however - i have been playing around and i think i found a solution. It has worked so far - i am so excited and relieved, i registered on this forum so i can share it!

if you have the google search widget on any of your screens, delete it.

This is the one i mean, at the top of the screen: Attachment 111123

as long as this widget sits on any of your screens, when you press long on the screen (even when screen lock is on!) it will launch google voice search when you have headphones connected.

I guess when we are exercising (which is when most everybody reports this problem ironically) with the phone in a pocket or case, the continued vibration/pressure etc. Launches the widget.

Hope it helps!
    holy crap this actually works
    12-13-2017 04:22 PM
    holy crap this actually works
    like damn thanks to whoever made this
    12-13-2017 04:23 PM
    I stumbled upon this discussion because I have had this problem for two years. I use Sensheiser earphones with a microphone. Like everyone here, for some reason Google search voice-activated application auto-launched whenever I was out walking and listening to music. At first I thought the earphones were faulty and returned them. I got another paid, but it did exactly the same thing. Eventually I started using an old pair of earphones without a microphone. That solved the problem.

A few days ago my earphones (without the microphone) broke. I searched for another paid, and came across the Sensheiser set that I stopped using because of the Google assist issue. I tested them, and the problem reoccurred. I didn’t feel like buying another pair of earphones, so I started an online search for a solution.

I have read this whole discussion. The solutions presented throughout the discussion are:

• Go into apps in Settings and find Google Search and uninstall the update.

• Delete Google search widget.

• Rather than deleting the widget, you can also disable it. Go to Settings, Apps, and select 'All' to view all apps (not just those you have downloaded, which is the default view). Select 'Google Search' and then 'Disable'.

• Disable “Hands Free” i.e. go to Google Settings, then click on "Hands Free", go to Headset and disable it.

• Disable “OK Google” i.e. go into your phone settings and find your way to the settings that disable "OK Google" feature.

• Disable Talk Back on Lollipop and Kitkat. Go into Settings/Apps/All/Talk Back -> disable.

• Plugging in the headphones and then turning on the phone (from sleep, not completely off) seems to work.

• Turn off Voice and Audio activity i.e. go to the Google app and go to settings. Click Accounts and Privacy, then Google Activity Control. Then go to Voice and Audio activity, and turn it off.

• Disable Google app i.e. go to Settings, Apps, find Google App, and disable it. If it asks, if you want to replace the app with the factory version, just say yes, it will be disabled afterwards.

• Revoke microphone permissions in Google app i.e. go to the Google apps permissions and uncheck the microphone permissions.

• Disable the permission for Launcher3.

• Disable Google text to speak engine.

• Switch off Re Write System Settings i.e. go to Settings> Apps> Google App> Re Write System Settings & Switch It Off.

• Select Long Option Hold Delay for Touch in Accessibility.

I looked at all of the above suggestions. Most of them did not apply to me. In the end I applied three, and I am pleased to say that I no longer have the problem. The three I applied were:

• Disable “Hands Free” i.e. go to Google Settings, then click on "Hands Free", go to Headset and disable it.

• Revoke microphone permissions in Google app i.e. go to the Google apps permissions and uncheck the microphone permissions.

• Select Long Option Hold Delay for Touch in Accessibility.
    02-12-2018 05:58 AM
    I am facing the same problem, my phone automatically decreases and increases the sound, even I followed what you people said still I am facing same problem and it's opening the Google app and it's begging the permissions for voice control. This all happens when I connected to the headset.
    Please guys help me out, I love music because of this I want to sue Google and the android, ****ty update. Rather they would have hire me then no ****ty updates happy with the old version.

I am using Lenovo k5 note
    02-20-2018 01:49 PM
    I've disabled google and when I need to use it I enable it again so now all that's left is to be happy
    06-30-2018 11:57 PM
46 12