Google search voice-activated application auto-launching- Why and how to disable??

celmss

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Galaxy S6 Edge. However deleting the search widget didn't work. In my case it seems to be a headphone jack issue. When I plug headphones in, I have the problem. When I use Bluetooth headphones, it works fine. Of course the bluetooth phones drain the battery and the dongle swinging back and forth by my ear is a bit annoying.

Dont know if you found a solution, but I know the reason for it.

I recently ripped apart some head buds and soldered them back together in a hurry, I didn't insulate all of the wires, just the ear bud wires, the button wires were all mangled up.

So I noticed when I crunched or touched the mangled wires, which should be seperately insulated, google voice opened, music started playing, volume changed randomly etc.

So, the solution is just get new head phones, or in my case - insulate the damaged/mangled wires.

Chris59612

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Just registered to say thanks to Catfood86 for the suggestion to disable the Google app, it seems to have killed the problem of the voice search appearing whenever I plugged in the headphones. I have an LG G4.

I did try the removal of the Google search on the homescreen as directed in previous posts, and that stopped it appearing for a while. However, after I applied some updates (no doubt one to the Google app) the problem started to come back again.

I have tried different pairs of headphones in case they were causing the issue, but no luck.

Hopefully this cures it once and for all. Really do wish there was a nice and simple 'don't do anything when you plug in the headphones' toggle. All this trying to be overly clever sh!t is a pain in the a$$.

Chris

Vegzta

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Go to Settings, Apps, find Google App, and disable it. If it asks, if you want to replace the app with the factory version, just say yes, it will be disabled afterwards.
I have had the issue since I got my phone, I have tried all the above suggestions without success, but now this seems to have worked.
I have LG G3 with Android 6.0.

If you dont want to disable everything that has to do with the Google app, you can just go to the Google apps permissions and uncheck the microphone permissions that google has. It worked for me.

Luckyjack01

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
If you dont want to disable everything that has to do with the Google app, you can just go to the Google apps permissions and uncheck the microphone permissions that google has. It worked for me.

This was the only thing that worked for me. Go to Settings/Privacy and Safety/
App permissions/Microphone

Disable the permission for Launcher3. I noticed that this app kept popping up in the recent app list after each event. To the point where there was like 5 of them clogging up the list.

I notice that the phone still vibrates regularly like its trying to open something but at least it doesn't cut what ever I'm watching every 2 seconds.

Ggirl87

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey everybody,I've been experiencing this very very very annoying issue. Whilst listening to music at the gym, (i.e. only when I have headphones connected), Google Voice Search will just randomly launch and interrupt my music. Meaning I have to fish my phone out of my pocket, close it, restart my music... You can imagine how frustrating that gets whilst trying to work up a sweat!Anyway - having searched everywhere for an answer, I noticed lots of people have the same problem. Disabling Google Voice search in SETTINGS: LANGUAGE & INPUT does not work.HOWEVER - I have been playing around and I think I found a solution. It has worked so far - I am so excited and relieved, I registered on this forum so I can share it!If you have the GOOGLE SEARCH WIDGET on any of your screens, DELETE IT. This is the one I mean, at the top of the screen: View attachment 111123As long as this widget sits on any of your screens, when you press long on the screen (even when screen lock is on!) it will launch GOOGLE VOICE SEARCH when you have headphones connected. I guess when we are exercising (which is when most everybody reports this problem ironically) with the phone in a pocket or case, the continued vibration/pressure etc. launches the widget.Hope it helps!
You are awesome thank you!! I was about to slam my phone against the wall . it was also a problem for me at the gym also.

Last edited by a moderator:

jl1959

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Google Voice search auto-launching- Why and how to disable??

It's done it to me with 4 sets of ear phones,so somethings wrong

Last edited:

jl1959

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey,sorry for popping in again but the only way I found was to shut "Google" off as a device assistant. It worked. At least for now.But what a royal pain in the a**! Any way,
Thanks for all your input much appreciated. JL

jl1959

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Google Voice search auto-launching- Why and how to disable??

I have turned off every thing it's and it's still does it on my phone and tablet,Google sould be talking about it.Every one's having this problem.

Victoria Glasner

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site

I have tried this and it worked for a bit but then i would get notifs from google trying to get me to open the app and give them the permission again

sjmalone

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Never mind....

I think I have inadvertently discovered two issues-
- The audio cable must have a fault of some sort making the phone think it has a button-headset connected
- Jelly Bean apparently has locked the long-press function of a headset to launch Google Now

I'm guessing that the audio cable is shorting something, making the phone think it is getting various commands including a "long-press" thus launching the voice search. This is a guess but is the only thing I can figure out that makes any sense.

I'd still like to know if there is any way to disable voice search. Turning Google Now off did not fix the problem...

/r

Allen

I'm having the same problem. Have you found a way to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarusty

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I have had various different phones over the past year and they all seem to do this except my HTC desire 610. It seems to happen mostly when I'm driving and have my phone plugged into the car stereo. Looking back over the threads it seems to have been happening for a few years now. My question is why has it not been fixed? It really grinds my gears 😠

Angie Ocasio

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I was having the same issues and boy was it annoying. I finally got it to stop by disabling google text to speak engine on going to apps and going to all apps. Low and beyond i dont feel like throwing my phone out my car window. Hope this helps someone else.

Mohamed Zaid

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Well, that is very annoying problem.
I fixed that on my phone Moto G, through going to applications - Google App - permissions.
Then uncheck the microphone permission.
Hope it works for you guys!

KoF Giant 818

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
okay yeah I have noticed that a lot of people are having problems with the Google app voice search automatically opening while their headset is plugged in usually it is because some headsets have a microphone so you can answer phone calls and speak while you are wearing them a lot of people have only been able to stop this by getting rid of the Google app widget at the top of the screen but the best way to permanently take care of this and not have to remove anything go to SETTINGS> APPS> GOOGLE APP> RE WRITE SYSTEM SETTINGS; & SWITCH IT OFF. This will take care of the problem for good without requiring to remove, force stop, disable or any other actions that will either turn off or make the all and some others not work properly. I hope I was able to be of help a lot of people having trouble with this. SO JUST TURN OFF THE RE WRITE SYSTEM SETTINGS OPTION IN YOUR GOOGLE APP SETTING.

Manamoor

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
okay yeah I have noticed that a lot of people are having problems with the Google app voice search automatically opening while their headset is plugged in usually it is because some headsets have a microphone so you can answer phone calls and speak while you are wearing them a lot of people have only been able to stop this by getting rid of the Google app widget at the top of the screen but the best way to permanently take care of this and not have to remove anything go to SETTINGS> APPS> GOOGLE APP> RE WRITE SYSTEM SETTINGS; & SWITCH IT OFF. This will take care of the problem for good without requiring to remove, force stop, disable or any other actions that will either turn off or make the all and some others not work properly. I hope I was able to be of help a lot of people having trouble with this. SO JUST TURN OFF THE RE WRITE SYSTEM SETTINGS OPTION IN YOUR GOOGLE APP SETTING.
I'm on a Nexus 6P, and can tell you that this does not work. It's hard to test, because the stupid Google voice assistant seems to turn on randomly when you plug in a headset, but in any case, it still happens to me, the only difference being it says it can't access the app (or something similar) because I've blocked the permissions.

Still annoying as f, though. Why won't Google let us disable this?

Uttkarsha Wetti

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
I was having the same problem, it was so much irritating , I tried everything what everyone said on this forum, still problem was not going away, After mingling with everything in settings I went into accessibility in which I choose long option for Touch and hold delay, it worked, wish it will solve your problem too.

Ryuseigai Spider

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
Any time I have my new headphones plugged into my phone and I try to do anything with it except listen to music Google Assistant turns on and the volume settings on my phone start changing at random. I tried deleting the widget for voice activated Google search but I'm still having the same problem. Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay