Just got my HTC One with a new phone number. Works great, EXCEPT with people using iMessage. Their iMessage texts go to someone else, but regular texts come to my phone. Any thoughts on why this would be and how to fix it?
    Thanks!
    06-24-2013 10:03 PM
    How do you know iMessages go to someone else? In any case, the iMessage should be linked to an AppleID and the number in question. Maybe your new number belonged to someone else? In any case, you should try to have some of your iPhone friends to text you and make sure they select the SMS option to avoid getting routed to iMessage and see if that works.
    06-24-2013 10:16 PM
    Just got my HTC One with a new phone number. Works great, EXCEPT with people using iMessage. Their iMessage texts go to someone else, but regular texts come to my phone. Any thoughts on why this would be and how to fix it?
    Thanks!
    If they use iMessage it is suppose to only send it to you as SMS if that is what you are asking?
    06-24-2013 10:53 PM
    My poor friends who still have an iPhone use imessage and I receive messages. Probably the wrong number. Text them so they have the right number!

Posted via Android Central App
    06-25-2013 01:35 AM
    I think this may be due to the last person having your phone number had an iPhone. Now iMessage still recognizes that number when sent from an iPhone and is forwarding to that person's iMessage account. I have been unable to find a way to fix this without knowing who it belongs to.
    07-26-2013 01:17 PM
    I have this same issue. Noticed with one iphone user a few weeks ago, then with my brother a few days ago, and today at work.
    however, my number hasnt changed in the past 4 years, and i switched from Iphone to Htc One.
    Its weird tho, the guy texting me today responded to a msg i had sent, but i didnt receive his msg. we checked it out, n the text he sent me was an imsg, however, a few days prior we had exchanged texts no problem. Those texts sent were not sent as imsg. Not sure why but the iphone seems to pick n choose whether to send regular sms or imsg..... i'm just realizing how many potential msgs i've missed in the past two months...
    07-26-2013 08:46 PM