Otterbox Defender Causing Bluetooth Echo

XontheP

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
This has probably been discussed here, but I didn't locate much on a search so will start a new thread.

I'm sold on the Otterbox Defender case, with my old iPhone 3gs I left it on top of my wife's van and she drove away. About a mile from home, traveling 45 mph, it flew off the roof of the van, bounced/skidded across a lane of traffic, and came to rest in long grass on the side of the road. I activated the locator, it made noise, the map was scary-accurate, and I had my phone back in minutes. The skin was peeled back on the Defender, and the box mostly popped open. I cleaned everything up, popped it back together, and it worked perfectly. I'm a customer for life.

For my new HTC One I also ordered an Otterbox Defender. I don't like it as much as my old one, but it seems to provide a lot of protection. But when I used hands-free bluetooth for the phone in the car, the people on the other end of the call were complaining about a terrible echo. My wife refused to talk to me when I was in the car. I began to spend a LOT more time in the car. But my buddies and band-mates hated it also, so something had to be done. I called Otterbox, and their customer service was top-notch. They sent me out a new case, even though I told them I didn't think that would resolve the issue. It didn't. But since I had an extra case to play with, I heated up the screen protector and popped it out of the frame. I put a standard screen protector on, and the problem is solved. No echo or noise. I called Otterbox back, told them of my findings, they sounded surprised, but I'm sure they've had this issue come up before.

So, if your peeps are hearing the echo, take a look at your case. If it's a Defender, the above should take care of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid