Case Review: Incipio Feather Black

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
As I did at WP Central, I will make a post for every case I get for the HTC One so people that are interested and don't want to read all the threads, can read a brief summary and see pics on the cases.

I had this case on the HTC 8X in grey and it was easily one of the best cases I've ever had on any phone. The thinness, feel and texture was great.

As a first case for the HTC One I decided to buy this one but in black instead of grey to match with the light aluminum. It's a great case, it feels great, adds grip and the matte color is awesome. The grip and feeling on the back is superb. However, for that matte look, the black case texture/material is a little different than the one I had on the grey for the 8X.

It attracts finger prints and sweat or oil/grease of your fingers. If it wasn't for this, this case would be perfect, at least for me.

If you don't live on a humid place or don't have have problems with finger prints, get this case. Where I live it's almost 80%-95% humid all year so even if I don't have sweaty hands, it's inevitable that they get moist.

To sum up, it's a wonderful case, despite the problem with the stains on the back. For that detail alone, it won't be for anyone as it would need to be cleaned two or three times a day to avoid the greasy/moist look on the back.

I do plan to get one in grey as the one I had on the 8X had an even better texture and feel and it didn't attract stains or finger prints at all. It was also a darker grey that it showed on the pictures which I like even more when I got it.

For scratch protection, minimum bulk and great look and feel, this is a very good case.

Attachments

• HTC One Incipio Feather 01.jpg
    HTC One Incipio Feather 01.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 66
  • HTC One Incipio Feather 04.jpg
    HTC One Incipio Feather 04.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 56
  • HTC One Incipio Feather 08.jpg
    HTC One Incipio Feather 08.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 58
  • HTC One Incipio Feather 09.jpg
    HTC One Incipio Feather 09.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
That looks really nice. How is it holding up? I always find that those types of cases start to have paint chipping away after a couple of months.

After two months it's like new. There is no paint chipping or scratches on it. Even the sweat or moist from your hands can be easily cleaned, but I do so at least once every two or three days. That still is my only complain about it.

andriver

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Nice review. I have owned the same case for my Motorola Atrix II. Unfortunately, the only weakness of this case is the plastic bridge across the volume toggle. It will break after some time or if you snag it in your pocket. I look for cases without the plastic bridge.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Nice review. I have owned the same case for my Motorola Atrix II. Unfortunately, the only weakness of this case is the plastic bridge across the volume toggle. It will break after some time or if you snag it in your pocket. I look for cases without the plastic bridge.

That bridge bent a little (didn't break) on a Lumia 920 but I also had a Feather for the HTC 8X and the now One and the bridge is good. I don't take the case off often, though.

3Dee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Really useful review. I got the similar Poetic Palette slim case, which also looked awesome, but the soft touch started to peel after a little while. Poetic were great and sent me a replacement, but after just a couple of weeks that one started to peel too. I'd considered the Incipio but was afraid the same would happen (and so got the white Nillkin hard case, which looks great) - good to know that this doesn't seem to be so after all.

Niner17

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I read a lot of posts about cases for the One. My idea of a great case is one that is minimalist, so the size of the phone is not enlarged, but which affords a better grip than a naked phone and thereby affords more protection for my greatest concern -- slippage and breakage. This case meets both needs and is, I think, the best available case for this great phone.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have this in Blue? I'm thinking of getting the blue on as I really like the color but would like to know if it attracts stains like the black one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have this in Blue? I'm thinking of getting the blue on as I really like the color but would like to know if it attracts stains like the black one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Going by the pictures, it's not clear if the blue or the other available colors have the same finish of the black case. In the case of the Feather for HTC 8X I got one in gray and it was different. It wasn't as soft-touch as the black but the color was great and it didn't attract stains at all.

Try looking for videos or other reviews to see if someone has the blue case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon