Aside from the reviewers really liking stock Android, the one interesting note was that Google Wallet works on the S4 but not the One. Even though they moved the SIM chip from one phone to the other.

I thought AT&T was blocking Google Wallet from any of their phones?

So far, I'm excited about the GE. I don't use Zoe, and I have a "good" camera with an EyeFi card if I want really good pictures. Hope they let us Developer Edition folk choose stock Android if we want.
    06-26-2013 04:12 PM
    I used Google Wallet on my Nexus 4 on ATT with a ATT SIM card so it is not blocked from using only blocked from downloading (although as you said it is preinstalled on the S4) I expect it works on the google editions but it is interesting why it is not installed on the HTC ONE GE...?

Edit: I found this on the HTC GE and google wallet. Looks like the HTC One GE is out for me...

One thing worth mentioning: The HTC One Google Play Edition doesn't come with Google Wallet -- and the app also isn't available for installation on the device via the Play Store. (Wallet is installed on the GS4 Play Edition.) A Google spokesperson tells me this is due to the One's hardware lacking an embedded secure element that Wallet requires in order to run.

What the Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play Editions are actually like to use | Computerworld Blogs
    07-01-2013 06:56 PM
    I wonder what "an embedded secure element" means.
    07-01-2013 10:26 PM
    Agreed any one have an idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-02-2013 10:34 AM
    More importantly, if this is the case why is wallet approved on the Sense One? Am I using a non secure wallet?
    07-02-2013 11:08 AM
    More importantly, if this is the case why is wallet approved on the Sense One? Am I using a non secure wallet?
    You must be on Sprint. They may have added it just for that model. If you did not have a secure element it would not work at all. From what I understand, a secure element is needed for wallet to work because it is what communicates with the google servers when using google wallet in a transaction. I did not think it had to be hardware but could also be in the SIM. But of course only Sprint is going to allow that. I know with the ATT system ISIS, you need a special SIM card to make it work.
    07-02-2013 11:42 AM
    You must be on Sprint. They may have added it just for that model. If you did not have a secure element it would not work at all. From what I understand, a secure element is needed for wallet to work because it is what communicates with the google servers when using google wallet in a transaction. I did not think it had to be hardware but could also be in the SIM. But of course only Sprint is going to allow that. I know with the ATT system ISIS, you need a special SIM card to make it work.
    I'm on Sprint but I think I've read about people on other networks getting wallet to work so it would seem funny to me that HTC would take out the element just for the GE One. Maybe one of the guys on AC with a GE One will try to load a wallet apk to test this for us. Help us Philkenobi. You're our only hope.
    07-02-2013 12:08 PM
    If true the htc one just lost to the s4

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.
    07-02-2013 12:27 PM
    I'm on Sprint but I think I've read about people on other networks getting wallet to work so it would seem funny to me that HTC would take out the element just for the GE One. Maybe one of the guys on AC with a GE One will try to load a wallet apk to test this for us. Help us Philkenobi. You're our only hope.
    I am inclinded to agree although it takes some modding to get it to work outside of Sprint. I have not followed the HTC One Sense version so have people gotten google wallet working? I will wait to hear the final word but I thought we would know for sure by now. Did not order either Google Edition yet since I am about to go on vacation etc etc. Athough if buy buying one for 600+ I really want Google Wallet working! I enjoyed it on my Nexus 4.
    07-02-2013 12:37 PM
    Nobody has this working on the other variants. It seems the Sprint is the only version with the secure element for some reason.
    07-04-2013 11:09 PM
    There was another thread a couple months ago that someone linked a way to side load it and it worked on other networks. Somewhere the thread got lost though

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-05-2013 12:26 AM
    Nobody has this working on the other variants. It seems the Sprint is the only version with the secure element for some reason.
    Politics. that's why.
    T-Mobile Blocking Google Wallet to Benefit Isis - The 'Uncarrier' Arbitrarily Declares Own Payment System the 'Industry Standard' | DSLReports.com, ISP Information
    07-05-2013 12:30 AM
    I'm on Sprint and Google Wallet works just fine. Infact, I use it everyday.
    07-05-2013 03:54 PM