So if I leave a tab open in my stock browser on the HTC one, then come back to the browser a few minutes later, choose the tab, it has to reload the tab again. This is annoying when I need the page for later when I'm not going to have WiFi or strong signal.

Any recommendations?
    06-27-2013 10:55 AM
    Use another browser. I use dolphin browser and can leave it for a while, come back to it, and it's still waiting since it loaded it previously.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    06-27-2013 11:39 AM
    I was using chrome but everyone on here was raving about the stock browser so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I was hoping there was a way of just manipulating the settings to hold on to the web page and not reload it every so often. Anyone know why the stock browser does this?
    06-27-2013 12:33 PM
    I was using chrome but everyone on here was raving about the stock browser so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I was hoping there was a way of just manipulating the settings to hold on to the web page and not reload it every so often. Anyone know why the stock browser does this?
    It's to conserve on RAM. Having several tab open with desktop versions of pages can easily chew up all the RAM so almost any time you leave the browser, the current pages get flushed.
    cafshari likes this.
    06-27-2013 01:24 PM
    It's to conserve on RAM. Having several tab open with desktop versions of pages can easily chew up all the RAM so almost any time you leave the browser, the current pages get flushed.
    Any way to disable or edit it?
    06-27-2013 01:34 PM
    Any way to disable or edit it?
    I'm not sure you can with any regular settings.

It's a function of Android OS, not the app. If you are multi-tasking and it runs out of memory, some apps have to be closed, and it's going to be the ones with the biggest footprint first.

Some apps, like the browser, give the appearance that the app never closed. But in reality what you are seeing is it remembering what state it was in when it closed and trying to reload the page. It's a bit of smoke and mirrors.
    06-27-2013 01:54 PM
    Use another browser. I use dolphin browser and can leave it for a while, come back to it, and it's still waiting since it loaded it previously.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    Does dolphin support flash? That was the reason why I left chrome
    06-28-2013 11:15 AM
    Yes. Dolphin supports flash. You just need to download flash from Adobe's website. I'm using Dolphin right now, and I am very satisfied with its performance. I have tried many many browsers along with every single major web browser, and dolphin is one of the best if not the best browser for Android.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-28-2013 12:26 PM
    Dolphin used to natively support flash but then they disabled it because it caused a lot of problems and bugs. There is a tweak that requires file editing using a File Explorer in order to make it work, and it works brilliantly for me.
    06-28-2013 01:23 PM
    Yes. Dolphin supports flash. You just need to download flash from Adobe's website. I'm using Dolphin right now, and I am very satisfied with its performance. I have tried many many browsers along with every single major web browser, and dolphin is one of the best if not the best browser for Android.

Posted via Android Central App
    Dolphin used to natively support flash but then they disabled it because it caused a lot of problems and bugs. There is a tweak that requires file editing using a File Explorer in order to make it work, and it works brilliantly for me.
    Can u guys give me instructions on flash for dolphin for my HTC one? I followed the list here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061194

And it seems as though flash still isn't working with Dolphin. It's a shame cuz I'm beginning to like dolphin. Is it because the adobe download archives page (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061194) latest download is for android 4.0, and my phone is 4.1.2?
    07-12-2013 12:03 AM
    Adobe FlashPlayer always came with custom ROMs for me. I then used App Backup & Restore to restore it on any ROM I use, be it custom or stock. I'll see if I can upload the application for you and link it here.

In the mean time, the instructions for enabling flash player in Dolphin Browser are different from installing Flash Player, and they are here: Formatting SDRAM Why? - xda-developers

That is for an older version of Dolphin, though, however if you read some more posts in the page you'll realize that the folder destination has changed in the newer Dolphin Browsers, but they are still there nonetheless.
    07-12-2013 07:01 AM
    Are you sure that was the right link?
    07-12-2013 07:52 AM
    Think you can add it to your reading list to cache it....

Posted from HTC One via Android Central App
    07-12-2013 07:00 PM
    You guys really got off topic here. This appears to be an Android 5 or sooner issue. So it doesn't matter if it's Chrome that opens each tab as an independent app or a browser like dolphin its still going to refresh when you click away and then come back. So if anybody knows how to fix this without rooting thethe phone, in my case its a Samsung 5s, that would be wonderful.
    07-19-2015 10:20 PM