Just read that you can only have 5 panels on the HTC One

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I just ready somewhere you can only 5 panels on the HTC One, This is absurb!! I want to place more widgets and apps out there but i'm limited by the panels, is there anyway around this?

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I just ready somewhere you can only 5 panels on the HTC One, This is absurb!! I want to place more widgets and apps out there but i'm limited by the panels, is there anyway around this?

You are actually limited to four since Blinkfeed takes up one but you can anyways load a third party launcher if you want more home screens.

Antitryptic

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
The easier way would be to use a launcher found on the Play Store such as Nova or Apex. It would be just like stock Android, though. The app drawer, homescreens, Blinkfeed etc. from Sense would be gone. The harder way, however, to get more than 5 panels and keep Sense would be to root and then install a ROM that supports more homescreens such as ARHD, TrickDroid, etc. from XDA.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I only use One.

If you're not a fan of Launchers or Rotting, I use WidgetLocker to add Apps & Widgets to my lock screen.

k2green

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't see how anyone would more than a few panels. Remember that you can make folders to store apps, not to mention the endless app draw.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see how anyone would more than a few panels. Remember that you can make folders to store apps, not to mention the endless app draw.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I use two plus blinkfeed. And I almost never use the second just a few extra folders. I used to be widget crazy but now I economize. Blinkfeed handles things a number if widgets used to...

Posted via Android Central App

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
On all my previous phones, mainly Samsungs and the iPhone 5, I had tons of screens and widgets it was ridiculous. I don't even think I used them all. But now with the One, I have my "home screen" and Blinkfeed. I started out with a couple others, but I found myself just using the Home screen and Blinkfeed for the most part so I deleted them. So far, I'm still alive and not complaining, so I think that's another pointless thing I always kept myself busy with haha. I think my mindset was to see how many screens/widgets I can set up today.

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

Not as absurd as you might think. Sense is known for its fluid interface that doesn't show any signs of the lag that afflicts devices even as powerful as the S4, limiting the amount of home screens and therefore the number of widgets running at the same time probably has more than a little to do with that.

If you are widget crazy then you can use an alternative launcher like Nova, which will not only give you more panels, but also allow you to change the grid size, giving you more space on each screen. It is also possible to still use Blinkfeeed from another launcher.

I use Blinkfeed plus the other 4 panels, but the 4th is just junk and a bit of experimenting space.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I only use two and I'm rooted and could have any amount but that's my preference and for anyone to say how could you need more is not right because it's all preference just because it's good for you don't make it good for everybody

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Pretty much has been said by other posters. Utilize folders or another launcher to help you with your homescreens. I have 4 running Nova. One for bigger widgets, my homescreen that has 9 folders, 2 widgets with my dock that has 3 folders, a screen for overflow, and an experiment screen.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If you need more, you can download another launcher. My personal favorite, Nova Launcher, has support for up to 9 home screen pages (and 3 dock pages).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown