best launcher for HTC ONE? (battery, usebillity etc)

boca21barca

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I use Action Launcher Pro so that I can have 5 icons on my dock without needing an app drawer icon.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using Next Launcher. Mainly because I can rotate the homescreens to landscape. And also it looks pretty awesome, they have a large amount of different themes for it and you can customize the way the icons look and behave. And they update it very often with new features.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Nova Launcher Prime with WidgetLocker is an amazing combo and haven't noticed any changes in battery since launch.

I've tried other launchers and what I love about Nova is that it's clean & simple. The customization seems endless.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Action Launcher Pro so that I can have 5 icons on my dock without needing an app drawer icon.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

You can put 7 on the dock with Nova Prime, and make them smaller...and get rid of the line separating the dock from the screen...

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have used almost every launcher (my wife calls me a launcher junkie), and I have settled on TSF Shell over Next, Nova Prime, Apex, ADW EX, Chameleon, Lightning, Action, and Buzz (just to name a few that I own). I love the features, the customization options, the side bar for most used apps/utilities, and the widgets. I know it's expensive, but to me, it's worth it.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have tried Nova, Apex and ADW, and I must say that Nova Launcher Prime is well worth every penny. It's an amazing, fast, light and stable launcher that is packed with features and very easy to use. I absolutely love it. I am using it on the Google Play Edition ROM, however, and if I go back to a Sense-based ROM I'll most likely not install it because, well, the only reason I'd go back is for Sense so replacing the Sense launcher wouldn't make sense. :D

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Nova Prime for a month without any issues. The battery seems to last exactly the same with it or with the Sense launcher.

The only issue I've seen (happened 3-4 times) is that when you long-press on the App Drawer icon to customize it would make the animation of the edit menu a little slower and at this time, when tapping on Edit, the launcher icon will move outside the dock by itself like I dragged it out. Restarting the phone solved it each time it occurred to me.

Other than that, great, simple and customizable launcher.

yellow slider

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Nova Prime for a month without any issues. The battery seems to last exactly the same with it or with the Sense launcher.

The only issue I've seen (happened 3-4 times) is that when you long-press on the App Drawer icon to customize it would make the animation of the edit menu a little slower and at this time, when tapping on Edit, the launcher icon will move outside the dock by itself like I dragged it out. Restarting the phone solved it each time it occurred to me.

Other than that, great, simple and customizable launcher.

it replaces the Sense launcher, which means we don't use the Sense program at all? (Happy!!!) do we need to root the device?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope, you don't have to root...you'll still have Sense, Nova just adds itself to the mix.

But keep in mind that you won't be able to use any of Sense's widgets once you start using a launcher. Although from your "Happy" comment, that doesn't sound like it'll be a problem. :)

I think Nova is a GREAT launcher, and if you get into serious screen customization, it's the 2nd most customizable launcher and a must own.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have tried most of them and I call a tie for first between Apex and Nova (both paid). They're both awesome! Hadn't really thought about until now but I have stayed on Nova for a long while this time around (In my world that's 6 weeks or so). I think we're selling ourselves short by not trying different launchers from time to time. It's a relatively competitive part of Android and I really think the top-dogs leapfrog for the lead with each major update. They're really easy to backup if you change your mind and several let you import settings from other launchers. There's really no downside to running different launchers.

To mirror someones comment from earlier BatteryGuru has made a very noticeable difference for me. It's a good program IMO.